- Style Tower-facing townhouse
- Setting Close to Kelvingrove
An elegant Victorian townhouse in a quiet, green enclave of this Scottish city, 15 Glasgow hotel offers classic, understated luxury in each of its five comfortable rooms. With grand, high ceilings, marble pillars, magnificent chandeliers, and original stained glass windows, this refreshed old beauty of a home is the perfect base from which to explore this vibrant city.
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including two suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $200.05 (£122), excluding tax at 10.5 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast and tax.
- Facilities DVD library, free parking. In rooms, flatscreen TV, iPod dock, DVD player, Scottish Fine Soaps bath products and free bottled water.
- Check–out 11am, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
Children This hotel is better suited to couples - leave the children at home!
- Also 15 Glagow is a small, family-run guesthouse, so reception isn't available round the clock – make sure you let staff know what time you're arriving and give them a mobile number so they can get in touch if they need to.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms We love the Drawing Room, which in Victorian times was the reception space – it’s as grand as you’d expect, with floor-to-ceiling windows, a hardwood antique floor, an especially high ceiling and lots of pretty cornicing. Just as big, the Towers is named for its views, and is smartly decorated in plush greys splashed with midnight blue.
- Packing tips All the books and DVDs on your must-read and must-watch lists: curl up and get cosy in your magnificent adopted townhouse.
Food and drink at 15 Glasgow
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant at this boutique B&B, and breakfast will be served either at the small table by the window in your room or on a butler’s tray in bed. Guests make their choices the night before and by morning either a full Scottish or a Continental breakfast will be at their door.
- Dress code Demure and dapper to match the elegant Victorian surroundings.
- Top table When there’s breakfast in a super king-size bed on offer, who needs a table?
- Last orders Pick your breakfast slot when you order: it can be brought up any time between 7.30am and 9am during the week, and 8am and 10am at weekends.
- Room service Just breakfast.
- Hotel bar None, but you can head out for a wee swally in the neighbouring West End, where there are bars aplenty.