- Style Slick service, sharp style
- Setting So SoHo
One of New York City's original boutique hotels, SoHo's 60 Thompson hotel knows how to keep them coming back, with luxurious rooms filled with Dean & Deluca-stocked minibars and toiletries by Kiehl’s. But, like with most of downtown, it's the bars and restaurant that really stand out: when weather permits, the rooftop bar opens for guests and members only as one of the city's premier summer hotspots. The rest of the year, the elegant and moody Thompson bar does the trick, while the trendy restaurant serves an acclaimed modern Thai menu. And, of course, the hotel’s SoHo location is perfect for all of your shopping and nightlife needs.
Need to know
- Rooms 97 rooms, including nine suites and one loft.
- Rates Double rooms from $203.00, excluding tax at 14.75 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional room tax of $3.50 per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Fitness centre. In rooms: Dean & DeLuca minibars, beauty bars with products by Kiehl's, Frette linens.
- Check–out Noon. Late check-outs at discretion of front desk, possibly with additional charge.
Children Babysitting on request, cribs available.
- Also Pets are welcome at the hotel. The PETS package – no extra charge – includes a complimentary upgrade, a late checkout and pet accessories and treats.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms A Deluxe King with a hardwood floor is especially charming. (Rooms ending in '3' have hardwood floor, from 33 on the third floor, right up to Room 123.) The higher you go, the better the view, of course: eighth/ninth up have unrestricted city views.
- Packing tips Your bikini, for rooftop sunning.
Food and drink at 60 Thompson
- Hotel restaurant In Kittichai, Ian Chalermkittichai has devised a modern Thai menu.
- Top table In summer, out front.
- Last orders Lunch in Kittichai, 2.30pm; dinner, 11pm, or 12 midnight Friday and Saturday. Thom Bar, 2am; A60, 12.30am.
- Room service 24 hours, except Sunday nights.
- Hotel bar The seductive Thom Bar has an extensive cocktail list, with bar menu by Kittichai. On the rooftop, with amazing views over Manhattan, A60 is the bar exclusively open to guests and 60 Thompson members, with varied hours throughout the warmer months (mid-May through to mid-September).