- Style Contemporary curves
- Setting Panoramic paradise
A series of sugar cubes on Santorini, Aenaon Villas hotel is all about sweet seclusion on a sun-kissed stretch between Imerovigli and Oia. Bleached-white architecture is matched with clean-lined, modern interiors and those bursts of Aegean turqoise, courtesy of sea-view windows, that you dream about on dreary days back home.
Need to know
- Rooms Seven.
- Rates Double rooms from $913.82 (€667), excluding tax at 5 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast (full English, Greek or Continental).
- Facilities Free WiFi and a library of books, CDs and DVDs. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, full kitchen and Korres bath products.
- Poolside Curved edges and contemporary lighting line the freeform pool, with deck chairs, sunloungers and white parasols scattered around it.
- Check–out Midday, but flexible free if there’s availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
Children Over-eights only.
- Hotel closed From mid October to late April/early May.
- Also Enjoy the serenity with a yoga class or in-room massage, both of which can be arranged on request.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Villa Elidami is at the complex’s summit, so pick it for peace, and its outdoor space: a veranda above the entrance, and a big terrace stretching to the front of the hotel to overlook the main lounge. There's also a private egg-shaped plunge pool, which is perfectly poised for sunset views. Its bedroom is on a loft level, and the floor breaks from the white with a bit of dark wood. The lounge downstairs has views out across Santorini to the sea on both sides. Open-plan Villa Zaneti has a bedroom tucked behind the lounge, and a fireplace by the bed.
- Packing tips Cliff-climbing shoes and sun-shielding hats.
Food and drink at Aenaon Villas
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant; breakfast will be brought to your room by the dashing Dennis, or you can have it outside on your private terrace. Expect a hearty spread of pastries (our favourite was ricotta-filled), eggs and fresh juices.
- Dress code Billowy cottons in any shade – except white and blue.
- Top table Settle in for a sundowner on one of the terrace’s day-beds.
- Last orders Breakfast can be delivered at any time.
- Room service Order simple snacks and salads between 8am and 8pm.
- Hotel bar There’s no bar, but, as with any guesthouse worth its keep, there’s always someone on hand to mix you something up. Rooms have fridges to stock as you please.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details