Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa
- Style Thai flair
- Setting Peaceful Bophut beachside
Massage huts line one of the island’s most peaceful beaches at Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa hotel, a remote Koh Samui retreat with blossoming gardens. Expect colour and rich detail at this island hideaway; sculpture-fountains line the infinity pool and Moroccan-style hanging lamps lend romance to the resort by night. This tropical getaway has a cosy library and luxurious spa too, plus a kids' club if you've got the family in tow.
Need to know
- Rooms 106.
- Rates Double rooms from $168.00 (THB5,400), excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
- More details Rates usually include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, swimming pool, tennis courts, fitness centre, watersports, library with DVDs and CDs, kids' club, beach, concierge, WiFi throughout (at extra cost), free on-site valet parking. In rooms: flatscreen satellite TV with DVD player, minibar, own-label toiletries.
- Poolside Quirky monkey statuettes spit arcs of water into the free-form infinity pool on the beach. Swim up to the semi-submerged pool bar for a sunset happy hour cocktail then paddle over to the Jacuzzi to enjoy it in bubbly bliss.
- Check–out Midday; check-in, 2pm, both flexible subject to availability.
Children Welcome; Anantara Bophut is family-friendly and offers a kids' club.
- Also Romance-seeking couples should note that the hotel is popular with families, thanks to its kids' club, so can get busy during school holidays. Arrive early or have a late flight? Take advantage of the hotel's changing facilities and showers.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms For full-on four-poster, double-balcony, private-plunge-pool extravagance, book one of the two ground-floor Royal Suites. The Anantara Suites, overlooking the gardens, are also tempting dens. Other rooms come in two flavours: Deluxe rooms on the second and third floors have private balconies with cosy built-in sofas; Deluxe Terraces open directly onto lushly landscaped gardens. All have terrazzo bathtubs big enough for two, just a few steps from the bed and separated by a sliding teak door.
- Packing tips Beach gear is all you need – you’ll swelter in anything heavier.
- Also A giant catamaran glides into Anantara Bophut every Wednesday afternoon for a not-to-be-missed cocktail cruise to Orange Island. Soak up the sunset while nibbling on a selection of tongue-pleasing hors d’oeuvres. The hotel is a haven for water-sportsmen, catering to divers, snorkellers, kayakers, anglers, sailors and windsurfers (there’s even an ex-Olympian on hand to coach the latter).
Food and drink at Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa
- Hotel restaurant Head to High Tide for spicy Thai dinners in a laidback modern setting. There's also Full Moon restaurant, for succulent, chargrilled meat and fish.
- Dress code Devil-may-care – you don’t have to.
- Top table Forget the restaurants and plump for a private seafood barbecue, served on your balcony or terrace.
- Last orders Both restaurants stop serving at 11pm, but drinks are available until 12.30am.
- Room service Each restaurant’s most popular dishes are available from room service 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar Hanging lamps and ochre walls lend Eclipse Bar an air of Moroccan-inspired mystery; the tall rattan stools and soothing soundtrack provide a tropical-style chill-out vibe. Sup a signature Samui Sling on the garden verandah while the sun sets.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details