- Style Boutique bed and breakfast
- Setting Edinburgh en route to Leith
An utterly charming and refreshed five-bedroom Victorian terrace in Edinburgh, the Ardmor House hotle is made even more delightful by its friendly owners, Robin and Barry. An affordable option in an otherwise expensive city, the rooms have high ceilings, crisp linens, comfy beds and an understated, clean décor, with some eccentric touches, such as vibrant red-velvet lampshades. The city centre is just an easy walk away.
Need to know
- Rooms Five.
- Rates Double rooms from $129.74 (£79), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (£12.50 each for a Continental buffet and Scottish breakfast).
- Facilities Gardens, tea- and coffee-making facilities; WiFi; flatscreen TVs; iPod docks.
- Check–out 11am. You can leave your bags here for the day from 8am onwards
Children Cots available for small children for £15; high chairs.
- Eco‐friendly The hotel aims to use local, seasonal and organic ingredients for its meals, including getting its eggs from the local free-range supplier and its meat from Crombies, the local butcher.
- Also Smoking is only permitted in the garden and vestibule. Small dogs are welcome by arrangement. A minimum two-night stay is required at weekends; with a minimum four-night stay is required in August and other high-season periods.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All rooms blend contemporary and traditional style and have private ensuite shower rooms and toilets. There are three large doubles with king-size beds, one of which can become a twin room on request.
- Packing tips Good walking shoes. Edinburgh is a city full of hills and many attractions to get round. And it’s always a good idea to prepare for all weather conditions: it can be warm, cold dry, rainy – all in the same day.
Food and drink at Ardmor House
- Hotel restaurant Breakfast is 8am–10am. On offer are a continental buffet, a range of house favourites (such as scrambled free-range eggs and Scottish smoked salmon or potato waffles with smoked bacon and maple syrup) and a traditional Scottish breakfast: Crombies of Edinburgh Pork sausages, oak-smoked bacon, free-range eggs, pan-fried mushrooms and grilled tomatoes.
- Room service Breakfast can be delivered to your room if requested.