- Style Candlelit aphrodisiac
- Setting Caldera panorama
Hotel Astra Suites is a gorgeous Greek isle getaway perched above the brilliant-blue Aegean on the cliffs of Santorini. High-ceilinged rooms, white-on-white interiors and candles throughout make for a quintessential Mediterranean holiday. You'll be sorely tempted to stay in, though, thanks to superlative his and hers showers, decadent four-poster beds and private pools in most suites.
Need to know
- Rooms 27.
- Rates Double rooms from $258.00 (€188), excluding tax at 6.5 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Book exchange, free Internet access. Massages can be arranged. In-room a bottle of Santorini wine, flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, minibar.
- Poolside There is an infinity pool with a bar and spectacular view of the caldera. Several of the suites have their own Jacuzzi or small pool.
- Check–out Midday, but the hotel has a hospitality suite which can be used by guests who arrive early or check out late.
Children Welcome. There are English-speaking babysitters and extra beds (at €60 a night) are available in some rooms.
- Hotel closed November to March inclusive.
- Also Wedding planner available.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms 302 and 304 are the most private suites, each with its own Jacuzzi or private pool; 105 and 109 are the best of the Senior Suites.
- Also Astra's spa offers extreme massages (eg 'cranial sacral balancing') from world-class experts – sure to turn the de-stress dial to max.
Food and drink at Astra Suites
- Hotel restaurant Astra Restaurant is open every evening for dinner. Tuck in to creative Greek and Mediterranean dishes.
- Dress code Blissfully blasé.
- Top table Every private balcony has a jaw-dropping view of the caldera.
- Last orders Drinks: 11pm.
- Room service Light meals available until midnight.
- Hotel bar Poolside drinks are available from 12 noon to just after sunset each day.