- Style Sybaritic sea-view simplicity
- Setting A crest over Camps Bay
Simple and stylish, Atlantic House hotel is a five-star guesthouse on Cape Town’s picturesque Atlantic coast. More elegant residence than chic boutique, this property has the comfort and charm of a tasteful home. Spaces are calm and well-appointed, with scenic terraces, and an outdoor pool ties it all together. Here, you can hide out and unwind in between forays into the historic city.
Need to know
- Rooms Five.
- Rates Double rooms from $176.14 (ZAR1,842), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa treatments, air-conditioning, satellite TV, DVD/CD player, wireless Internet, minibars, off-street parking. Sightseeing tours and airport shuttles can be arranged.
- Poolside There's a pool surrounded by wooden decking set in the hotel's lush landscaped gardens.
- Check–out 11am, but flexible when possible. Guests are offered all-day luggage storage, use of the lounge and pool, and usually access to a shower room.
Children Only aged 13 and over.
- Also No smoking in rooms.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All rooms are priced the same. The one recommended for honeymooners has a bigger bathroom. Two are sea-facing with a balcony; one is sea-facing with a deck by the pool; the mountain-view room has its own private garden and open-air shower.
- Packing tips You're only five minutes' walk from the sea so, if you're there in summer, take all your beach requisites – but remember a light jacket for boat trips and mountain walks. Camps Bay is where the rich live and play, so bring some bling.
Food and drink at Atlantic House
- Hotel restaurant A fresh, light, inventive breakfast is served in a stylish pool-view dining room. No lunch or dinner, but Atlantic House can arrange for caterers to prepare a menu of your choice, served in your room, outside on a deck, or in the dining room.
- Dress code Cape Town is all about casual.
- Top table The best place is next to the rim-flow pool on the front patio overlooking Camps Bay (weather permitting). Private meals may be served in the dining room or, if your room has one, on its balcony.
- Last orders Breakfasts are a treat: full English and Continental are served daily. Mealtimes are flexible.
- Room service A delivery service can bring food from local restaurants and takeaway outlets until 9pm, and picnic hampers can be ordered.
- Hotel bar An honesty bar is open day and night; it includes a fantastic selection of wines.