- Style Colonial heritage hotel
- Setting Fort Cochin waterfront
A waterfront estate built on the site of a Vistorian boatyard, Brunton Boatyard hotel pays homage to historic Fort Cochin, India's oldest European settlement, with its grand colonial-style. The distinguished decor, gorgeous pool with sea views and global cuisine embody some of the rich flavours of this melting pot city.
Need to know
- Rooms 26: four deluxe suites and 22 standard rooms.
- Rates Double rooms from $379.58 (INR23,214), excluding tax at 12 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Outdoor swimming pool, Ayurvedic Centre for basic treatments and massages, cooking sessions for guests, library, DVDs available on request, WiFi in lobby. In-room amenities: minibar, TV, air-con and Ayurvedic products from Biotique.
- Poolside The outdoor pool overlooks working fishermen and huge boats that pass by in this stretch of sea.
- Check–out Midday.
Children A cot or extra bed can be provided for an additional charge,. They also offer childcare at an hourly rate.
- Eco‐friendly As with all of CGH Earth's hotels, it is extremely eco-friendly.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms With sea views from all 26 rooms, everyone’s a winner. Bathrooms look out onto the waters, and each room has its own private patio. Ask for a room on the second floor to best enjoy the vista.
- Packing tips Warm clothing – temperatures can plummet in the evenings; mosquito spray, swimwear.
- Also You can smoke in the bedrooms, some communal areas and the coffee shop. No pets allowed.
Food and drink at Brunton Boatyard
- Hotel restaurant History serves Portuguese, Dutch, British Raj, Arabic, Kosher and local Keralan dishes made with local ingredients by chef Jerry Mathew. Terrace Grill (closed in monsoon season) offers seafood. Armoury provides snacks and light meals.
- Dress code You’ll be happiest dressing in a semi-respectable way as you’ll find fellow guests tend to be in smart-casual safari-style garb.
- Last orders 22h30 for dinner in all restaurants.
- Room service Various snacks are available around the clock.
- Hotel bar Sample a new cocktail every evening at Armoury, last orders are at a respectable 22h30.