- Style 21st-century farmhouse
- Setting Verdant clifftop
Clinging to a clifftop near Capdepera in Mallorca, the historic Can Simoneta hotel strikes the perfect balance between traditional Mediterranean hospitality and contemporary island getaway. In addition to close proximity to both the island’s beaches and golf courses, this secluded farmhouse offers massages under pine trees and a Jacuzzi overlooking the ocean below.
Need to know
- Rooms 18, including five suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $226.54 (€165), excluding tax at 21 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Restaurant, massage area, internet access. Direct access to the sea by a curved stairway carved into the cliff.
- Poolside There’s a large pool and clifftop Jacuzzi.
- Check–out Midday, but flexible.
Children Under-18s are not allowed.
- Hotel closed 10 November to 1 March.
- Also The hotel has private access to a secluded cove where there is a bathing pool cut out of the rock. Hotel guests get 10 per cent discount at three local golf courses.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Most importantly, ask for a sea view. Two of the suites and two of the doubles have terraces. Otherwise, our favourite rooms are 4, 7, 21 and 22.
Food and drink at Can Simoneta
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant has views over the bay of Canyamel, and specialises in Mediterranean dishes with a twist. If the weather is good, get a table outside on the terrace.
- Dress code Relaxed, but dress for dinner.
- Top table Both indoors and outside, the corner tables are best. The hotel can arrange a secluded dinner for two perched on the cliff.
- Last orders Food: 10.30pm. You can order drinks until you go to bed.
- Room service 24 hours, but limited after hours.
- Hotel bar Snuggle up with drinks under the awning on the sofas, or struggle down the steps to the monk’s pool with your drinks.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details