Capri Palace Hotel & Spa
- Style Alabaster chic
- Setting Unspoilt Capri countryside
Arching ceilings and Doric columns reveal a rich history at Capri Palace Hotel & Spa that might otherwise be overlooked in its current incarnation as a seaside-chic stay with a Michelin-starred restaurant that serves up Mediterranean marvels. Setting a tone of Italian indulgence, the pool overlooks the picturesque Isle of Ischia; its tangerine-coloured umbrellas encourage fruit skewer-eating and oversized sunglass-wearing while soaking up some rays.
Need to know
- Rooms 72 rooms, including 15 suites; some have private swimming pools and gardens.
- Rates Double rooms from $496.28 (€360), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast. Minimum stays may apply.
- Facilities Fitness centre, billiards, library, Capri Beauty Farm medical spa.
- Poolside There's a sunlounger-surrounded pool at the cliff's edge; more swimming opportunities await at the Il Riccio private beach club, close to the Blue Grotto.
- Check–out Midday.
Children One child up to 10 years of age is accommodated free of charge when staying in parents' room, meals to be paid extra.
- Hotel closed November until March
- Also The highly regarded medical spa specialises in leg treatments, with wonder therapies to help prevent and improve cellulite and vascular problems, and custom nutrition programs.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Paltrow Presidential Suite is a huge penthouse with a private circular swimming pool set in a Mediterranean roof garden. Two of the deluxe rooms, as well as some of the suites, have their own private pools and gardens. If you choose a Classic room, ask for one with a sea view.
- Also Transfers are available by helicopter from Naples airport, or by private boat.
Food and drink at Capri Palace Hotel & Spa
- Hotel restaurant Elegant L'Olivo, the only restaurant in Capri which has two Michelin stars, is open daily for lunch and dinner and offers Mediterranean cuisine from Ischia-born chef Andrea Migliaccio. The Ragù bistro is on a terrace overlooking the Gulf of Naples; expect amazing spaghetti alla vongole, melanzane parmigiana and a seafood tartare trio from its kitchens. There’s also poolside Il Riccio Restaurant & Beach Club, which has a Michelin star of its own.
- Dress code Italian-style elegance.
- Top table Any on the terrace for the fabulous view.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar The Bar degli Artisti is named after the many artworks that hang on its walls.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details