Cases de Son Barbassa
- Style 400-year-old finca
- Setting Rugged and rural
A historic boutique hotel in Mallorca with modern interiors, Cases de Son Barbassa is a series of 16th-century houses and watchtowers in the storied village of Capdepera. With all the contemporary comforts – flatscreen TVs, stocked minibar, a big pool flanked by shady cabanas – this stone retreat is equal parts luxury and authentic Spanish finca.
Need to know
- Rooms 12, including two suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $207.33 (€151), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Swimming pool, restaurant, bar.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Welcome: extra beds can be arranged. Children between two and 12 are charged 50 per cent of the adult rate.
- Hotel closed November 15 until February.
- Also The grounds boast some prehistoric ruins dating back 3,000 years.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Room 15 has a huge terrace and the best vistas in the house. 21 and 22 are the suites with views, which can also fit an extra bed. Whatever size room you go for, ask for a countryside view rather than one of the swimming pool.
Food and drink at Cases de Son Barbassa
- Hotel restaurant White tablecloths, stone walls – it’s smart yet relaxed, with amazing views across country. All the food comes from the farm itself, even the meat.
- Dress code As casual as you wish.
- Top table Ask for the table near the window; when it's warm, go for one on the terrace.
- Last orders Food: 10.30pm.
- Room service There’s none as such, but the minibar is reasonably priced.
- Hotel bar Have a drink on a lounger, or an armchair in the cosy lobby.