Conti di San Bonifacio Wine Resort
- Style Restyled rustic farmhouse
- Setting Tumbling Tuscan hills
Presiding over a swathe of rolling green Tuscan lands, Conti di San Bonifacio hotel is a restored stone villa whose surrounding farm and vineyards provide most of the ingredients for your meals. Taste wine straight from the source and revel in relaxed rooms with designer-pedigreed polish. If you're feeling especially Italian, hire the whole five-room farmhouse and make like a master vintner.
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including three suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $284.15 (€209), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, outdoor pool, CD/DVD and book library. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, organic local toiletries made from asses’ milk and honey.
- Check–out 11am but flexible. Earliest check-in, 3.30pm.
Children Extra beds are €50 a night; cots are €30. Babysitting with a local nanny can be provided with 24 hours’ notice. The restaurant has a children’s menu.
- Also Dogs are welcome in the Junior Suite, which has direct access to the garden.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms We love Room 1, a Suite, for one simple reason – it’s huge. Three of the walls have windows, there’s a huge four-poster bed delicately draped in muslin and a huge bath in the huge bathroom. For lots of natural light in a smaller space, pick Junior Suite, Room 3 – plenty of windows, and a freestanding claw-foot bath tub in the black-, gold- and silver-speckled bathroom. Olive Grove Suites 4 and 5 both open directly onto the garden.
- Packing tips Your sommelier’s nose for sampling the wine; some chic linens you won’t mind getting a bit dirty in the Tuscan countryside.
Food and drink at Conti di San Bonifacio Wine Resort
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant serves classic Italian dishes – osso buco, wild boar alla cacciatora and tortelli Maremmani (a Tuscan dish with ricotta and spinach). The candlelit tables are dressed with crisp white linens and stemware, and you might be seated on a Bauhaus chair from the Twenties. Your hosts will take any dietary requirements into account when considering the daily menus – and requests are welcome.
- Dress code There’s no need to dress up for dinner – this rustic retreat will feel like home.
- Top table All of the tables have views out to the pool and vineyards through the arched windows; in summer, gather around the large wooden table outside on the veranda to enjoy them even more.
- Last orders Dinner is served until 9pm.
- Hotel bar There’s no bar but guests can help themselves to any of the different wines at the tasting tables.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details