- Style Bright and witty
- Setting Pole position by Ponte Vecchio
A modern counterpoint to the classic pensiones of Florence, the hotel Continentale is a high-fashion, Ferragamo-designed retreat overlooking the ancient Arno River and medieval streets below. European art films flash on a loob in the sleek lobby and you might find it hard to leave your fresh, airy room towering above the bustling Ponte Vecchio below.
Need to know
- Rooms 43 rooms.
- Rates Double rooms from $259.70 (€190), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €4.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€25 a person).
- Facilities Fitness centre with sauna.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Babysitting can be arranged.
- Also Pets of the diminutive variety are welcome.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Deluxe tower rooms are spacious and have fantastic views.
- Packing tips A sketchbook, a sunhat, sensible shoes.
Food and drink at Continentale
- Hotel restaurant Only breakfast is served, on the first floor.
- Dress code Anything goes.
- Room service Until 11pm.
- Hotel bar Terrazza dei Consorti is a ‘sky lounge’, perfect for a cocktail under the stars.