Evason Ana Mandara
- Style Village-style villas with views
- Setting Downtown beachside boulevard
Ideally set on a mountain-backed beach that feels completely private but is still near the coastal town of Nha Trang, Evason Ana Mandara hotel is the perfect balance of seaside seclusion and city adventure. Each of the large, stylish rooms offers a view of the garden, sea or beachfront and all include a private terrace. It’s a lush retreat for families, beach bums and city slickers alike.
Need to know
- Rooms 74, including four suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $265.00, excluding tax at 15.5 per cent.
- More details Rates include welcome drinks, a fruit basket and breakfast.
- Facilities Six Senses Spa, kids' club, fitness centre, activities centre, tennis court, DVD/CD library, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: free broadband (WiFi on request), flatscreen satellite TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, minibar, free bottled water, Jacuzzi and rain shower, terrace.
- Poolside You're spoilt for choice with two generous pools and an expansive beach. The pool near reception is family-friendly so might be a touch lively for the childfree. The infinity pool has an inviting drop off blending with South China Sea horizons.
- Check–out Noon, but flexible subject to availability and a half-night charge before 6pm (after a full night's tariff kicks in). Check-in, 1pm.
Children Welcome: baby cots are free; extra beds cost US$30 a child a night. Babysitters are available for US$3.50 an hour and there's also a kids' club for children aged over four with toys, games and art materials.
- Eco‐friendly The hotel takes eco concerns to heart, serving up organic, locally sourced food where possible, recycling and offering free bicycles for touring. It also tries to employ local staff and runs charity schemes to benefit the community.
- Also On arrival you'll receive a handy ‘map in a bottle’ to navigate the resort. Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Choose between garden, sea or beachfront views, all with private terraces. Deluxe Sea View Rooms 301 to 309 are super-handy for the restaurants, swimming pools and sand, or invest in a Deluxe Beachfront Room for uninterrupted ocean vistas and unbridled beach access. For a real treat, the Ana Mandara Suites offer seductive private walled gardens and alfresco rain showers.
- Packing tips Bright sarongs and loungey thongs: that’s the Aussie kind Mr Smith, you’ll have to negotiate with Mrs Smith about her choice of underwear.
- Also Evason Ana Mandara is home to a watersports centre for that aquatic adrenaline buzz. Choose from speedboat trips to nearby islands, parasailing above the coast, jetskiing or waterskiing on the water, or snorkelling and diving below the waves. When you come up for air, the Six Senses Spa is a must for post-sport pampering.
Food and drink at Evason Ana Mandara
- Hotel restaurant The indoor/outdoor Ana Pavilion Restaurant serves a gourmet mix of local, global and fusion dishes embracing culiinary journeys such as Nha Trang Bay lobster and chive risotto, with seven beach tables for soaking up sea views. The poolside Beach Restaurant offers fine Vietnamese fare for lunch, including light salads, soups and wok dishes, evening buffets and a street market experience with high-end hawker stalls.
- Dress code You might just get away with a sarong as this is Beach Town, Vietnam. Come on Mr Smith, David Beckham pulled it off.
- Top table The top tables are undoubtedly to be found on the beach on a balmy night. For top of the tops, go exclusive with dinner on the jetty, on the yoga platform near the spa, in the wine cellar with wine pairings or in your villa to rev up the romance.
- Last orders Both Ana Pavilion Restaurant and the Beach Restaurant dish up until 10pm.
- Room service Available 24-hours a day, room service covers pretty much everything on the menu.
- Hotel bar The Lobby Bar, beside the Ana Pavilion Restaurant, is a relaxing spot that stays open until the last guest leaves. Sip wines by the glass, slake your thirst with a cool beer or try a Lemongrass Collins with fresh lemongrass and ginger. The indoor area segues into a banyan tree-sheltered courtyard if you'd rather mosey outdoors. For a more aquatic atmosphere, you can also enjoy chill-out tunes and cocktails at the Pool Bar. Don't miss the free weekly General Manager’s Cocktail Party when the boss takes care of drinks.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details