Farol Design Hotel
- Style Slick and fashionable
- Setting Local to Lisbon
Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from Portugal's dramatic coastline, Farol Design Hotel blends a classic Portuguese villa with contemporary architecture and design. This mix of old and new – traditional villa with a whimsical restaurant encased in glass – is a slick success. An attention to design extends to the grounds, where you'll find a peaceful outdoor pool and minimalist furniture.
Need to know
- Rooms 33, including nine rooms styled by different fashion designers and two suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $153.61 (€112), excluding tax at 5 per cent.
- More details Rates include American breakfast buffet.
- Facilities Outdoor swimming pool, massages on request in your room, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: TV, minibar hydromassage bath tub. Designer rooms feature Nespresso machines.
- Poolside The pool and secluded, minimalist sun terrace overlook the sea.
- Check–out Midday, but ask for flexibility.
Children Welcome, but the hotel’s location on a rocky shoreline could be considered hazardous for smaller children.
- Also A two-night minimum stay is required for 14–15 March and on Easter weekend, 20–22 March.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms For a modern influence, plump for the new wing; for high ceilings and more space, go for the old building. Ask for a balcony overlooking the sea. Room 216, black and gold, is very rock ’n’ roll. Room 215, all-white, is sleek with breathtaking views
- Also After dipping into the saltwater pool, have a massage on the secluded lower terrace.
Food and drink at Farol Design Hotel
- Hotel restaurant The Mix is modern and airy, with three distinct dining areas and floor-to-ceiling windows affording you a greedy view out onto the deck, and rocky coast beyond.
- Dress code Gloss up for the evening.
- Top table Outside on the terrace.
- Last orders Food: 11pm; drinks 2am.
- Room service 7am–11pm from the restaurant menu. At other times there’s a snack menu with sandwiches, salads and desserts.
- Hotel bar The minimalist On the Rocks lounge bar is cosy, with doors opening on to the terrace, and gives you the feeling of floating on water.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details