- Style Bali-inspired boho B&B
- Setting Patchwork hills of Andalucia
Finca Naranja hotel is a clutch of charming cottages with rustic stone exteriors that hides the contemporary conveniences found inside. Located 15 minutes outside of hostoric Ronda, this architect-designed bed and breakfast is a rural getaway with bohemian, stylish interiors and a peaceful pool where hammocks are strung between branches of ancient trees.
Need to know
- Rooms Four rooms, including two suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $172.55 (€126), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Don’t expect plasma screens; this is a basic boutique B&B geared towards simple pleasures (but there is free WiFi throughout. There are enchanting gardens surrounding the house, and kitchenettes with hobs and a stocked mini-fridge in rooms. There's air-conditioning in all but Suite 1.
- Poolside Lined with potted palms and geraniums, there’s an unheated pool on the light-stone patio, overlooking the surrounding fields and farmland.
- Check–out 11am, but flexible on request. Earliest check-in, 1pm.
Children Cots are €25 a night; extra beds, €45. There are no special kids’ facilities as such (other than a trampoline), but the owner’s two children both live on site, and more are always welcome.
- Also Two-night minimum stay.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms There are only four to choose from, but if you’re after privacy, request the stand-alone suite down the fruit tree-lined path from the main house. It’s a beamed, whitewashed space with a working fireplace, and a bed secreted in a little loft space at the top of a wooden ladder. The shuttered French doors open onto a private patio.
- Packing tips Snacks and wine to top up your fridge – there are no meals served at the hotel.
- Also Make sure you rent a car – you’ll need one to make the 15-minute trip into Ronda and to explore your countryside surroundings.
Food and drink at Finca Naranja
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant, but you can pop out to eat in Ronda or rustle up your own dishes in the in-room kitchenette. The owner, Conchita, bakes fresh pastries every day for breakfast, left in a little basket by bedroom doors.
- Dress code There’s no one except fellow guests, Conchita and her children, so prepare for day-long swimwear lounging.
- Room service None.
- Hotel bar Nope; stash your beverages in the in-room fridge.