- Style Double vision
- Setting Either side of the Arno
Hotel Floroom has two petite apartments that are big on two very important counts: a enviable central Florence location and a smarty sense of style. Fratelli Alinari photography, sleek parquet floors and an abundance of antiques create soothingly contemporary interiors that are as cool as they are cosy.
Need to know
- Rooms Eight, spread across two apartments (one at Via del Pavone; one at Via del Sole).
- Rates Double rooms from $138.37 (€102), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast, free minibar (snacks and soft drinks), WiFi .
- Facilities DVD library and free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, minibar and free bottled water.
- Check–out 12 noon, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
Children Over-eights only; this hotel is best for couples.
- Also Both Floroom 1 and Floroom 2 occupy the top floor of their individual buildings, and there is no lift, so be prepared for stairs.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms At Floroom 1, we love Guest Room 3 for its modern four-poster and the bold giant clock that hangs above it. Deluxe Room 8 at Floroom 2 took our fancy: it’s the largest and most characterful boudoir, with a romantic corner bed, an elegant black day bed and a bathroom boasting two showers.
- Packing tips Less is more; maximise the cosy room by minimising your luggage. (That said, some Italian elegance is mandatory; bring cashmere and cologne.)
- Also Floroom 1, at 7 via del Pavone, is closer to the city’s nocturnal hotspots, and has more of a historic feel, with rooms set in the eaves and a cream and chocolate palette; Floroom 2 is within walking distance of the key cultural sights at 2 via del Sole, and is the more modern apartment, with grey-toned decor.
Food and drink at Floroom
- Hotel restaurant The generous breakfast features fresh Tuscan produce: chopped fruit, cereal, natural yoghurt, prosciutto, cheese, bread and a selection of memorable jams including prune, myrtle and apricot. A cake is left out for guests to nibble on, and the Smeg fridges are stocked with pear juice, yoghurt and bottled water. When it comes to lunch and dinner recommendations, the stylish owners will be more than happy to point guests in the right direction.
- Dress code Linens and lounge wear to ease you into the day – this is breakfast after all.
- Hotel bar None, but you can pick up a chianti at Il Santino (+39 055 211 264) nearby.