Hacienda de San Rafael
- Style Spanish stately home
- Setting Wild southern ranchland
In the calm countryside between Seville and Jerez, Hacienda de San Rafael hotel is a poular high-season retreat with three outdoor pools and a Mediterranean restaurant set in serene candlelit gardens. A sophisticated hideaway in Spanish bullfighting country, this hacienda-style property can arrange yoga and massages upon request.
Need to know
- Rooms 14, including three casitas.
- Rates Double rooms from $328.97 (€240), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Wireless Internet access, CD player. Massage and yoga on request.
- Poolside There are three outdoor pools. Lunch is usually served by the garden pool.
- Check–out Midday, but ask for flexibility. There is a shower room for use by guests after check-out.
Children The hotel welcomes children only if the property is booked in its entirety.
- Hotel closed From mid-November until 15 March.
- Also A picnic can be arranged for €25. The hotel has a paddle-tennis court and boules set.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Rooms 6 and 8 have high ceilings and are particularly roomy; Rooms 9 and 10 are romantically tucked away in the eaves. The separate casitas offer real privacy: they're hidden from the main house and share a private pool and garden, and each casita has its own outdoor area for dining or lounging.
Food and drink at Hacienda de San Rafael
- Hotel restaurant The indoor dining room is used in cooler weather; otherwise, dinner is served outside. Mediterranean set menu for dinner is €55 a person, including wine. The fish kebabs and the creamy blue cheese and spinach soufflé are delicious.
- Dress code Relaxed and informal.
- Top table Outside in the gardens.
- Room service 8.30am–midnight. There are phones for room service in the casitas.
- Hotel bar Luna Bar is outdoors, with music and white comfy cushions to lounge on. The Sunset Bar is next to the pool.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details