Heritage Suites Hotel
- Style Come-hither Khmer classic
- Setting Pretty pagoda district
A holdover of the once-upon-a-time glamour of Siem Reap’s French colonial days, Heritage Suites Hotel's façade hides an intimate clutch of bungalows set in a secret garden. Vintage car trips to Angkor Wat’s temples, a seductive spa and exotic dining only add to the secluded allure.
Need to know
- Rooms 26, including 20 suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $156.25, excluding tax at 12 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast and airport transfers.
- Facilities Spa, gardens, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: iPod dock, incense, goodnight gift, free bottled water.
- Poolside Chill out in the spacious saltwater pool surrounded by verdant foliage. It's the only pool in town cooled to a refreshing temperature on a hot day, so lap it up.
- Check–out Noon, but flexible subject to availability, and a charge of 50 per cent up to 6pm. Check-in, 9am when available.
Children Plans are afoot for a child-free policy, so think romantic retreat more than family-friendly fun. Kids are welcome for now though, and the hotel can supply free baby cots, extra beds for older children (US$25 a night) and babysitters (US$5 an hour).
- Also Guests enjoy in-room check-in, which includes a personalised selection of tropical fruit. Smoking is allowed in some communal areas.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Suites are named after flowers and include courtyard gardens, steam rooms and alfresco showers. Hibiscus is our favoured bloom – a bold bungalow with Cambodian and Indian touches. Go for an Executive or Royal Suite for an outdoor, private Jacuzzi.
- Packing tips A case with space. The in-house boutique is brimming with stylish local finds.
- Also The Heritage Spa is a small sanctuary for the body and soul, artfully decorated in ochre tones. Templed out? Indulge in the Escape Angkor experience, a five-hour journey to heaven and back. This sociable hotel also has its own live jazz quartet.
Food and drink at Heritage Suites Hotel
- Hotel restaurant The Heritage Suites restaurant, above the Lobby Bar, looks both East and West for its influences, serving dishes such as French-accented seafood and Cambodian spiders. If ‘tarantula nest’ is too scary, try the grilled Mekong lobster with star anise. Better still, the tasting menu is a great-value feast of seven dishes. Every Tuesday, there's a traditional Khmer barbecue fondue, with Apsara dancing on the side.
- Dress code Colonial-esque couture: print dresses and creamy linens will complement the plantation-style furniture.
- Top table Book a seat on the balcony for intimate dining with views over the Lobby Bar below.
- Last orders Meals are served until 10.30pm, but the bartender will linger longer if there is a lively crowd.
- Room service Available between 6am and 10.30pm, including everything on the restaurant menu: order pasta for home comfort or longan and rambutan pannacotta for a taste of the exotic.
- Hotel bar The Lobby Bar is a smart, ivory-mahogany space that’s elegant from its tiled floors to its dark-wood rafters. A small, thatched bar by the pool is ideal for cocktails outdoors. Don't miss happy hour(s) cocktails every Thursday from 6.30pm until 9.30pm.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details