Hôtel des Academies et des Arts
- Style Life on canvas
- Setting Arty Rive Gauche
Epitomizing the boho-chic of Paris' Left Bank, Hôtel des Academies et des Arts is a homage to the legendary artists who‘ve painted this town red over the centuries. This intimate hotel may be located on the same street where both Gauguin and Modigliani once lived, but you won’t get starving-artist lodgings at this stylish sanctuary with sky-high service and standards.
Need to know
- Rooms 20 bedrooms (split into Classic, Club and Superior categories) spread over five floors.
- Rates Double rooms from $230.62 (€167), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Library, home-cinema room, spa and beauty treatments on request, WiFi. In rooms: air-conditioning, flatscreen TV, minibar, safe, video and music on demand.
- Poolside There is no pool at Hôtel des Academies et des Arts.
- Check–out Midday; earliest check-in, 3pm.
Children This hotel is better suited to couples – leave the children at home.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms We love the Commedienne rooms (available across all categories), which are inspired by legendary 1920s party girl Kiki de Montparnasse. They have a real theatrical feel, and come with scarlet headboards, vibrant purple throws on the beds and an extremely decadent atmosphere. The black, grey and white rooms inspired by Mannery, a close friend of Picasso’s, are also beautiful.
- Packing tips Bring a sketchbook – you’re bound to be inspired by those white figures that are painted everywhere.
Food and drink at Hôtel des Academies et des Arts
- Hotel restaurant The hotel doesn’t have its own restaurant, though guests are welcome to dine at the restaurant next door or at the hotel owners’ salon de thé Chez Charlotte next to the Jardin du Luxembourg – meals can be added to your bill. Breakfast can be taken either in the library, the adjacent ‘petit bistro’ or the hotel’s Salon d’Art Video.
- Dress code Immerse yourself in the area’s arty vibe and go for crumpled, open-necked shirts and silk vintage-couture scarves.
- Top table Enjoy breakfast on the café-style tables and banquettes of the next-door petit bistro.
- Last orders Drift in and out of the hotel at any time of the day or night.
- Room service Drinks can be ordered at any time.
- Hotel bar There is no dedicated bar, but you can ask staff to bring you a drink wherever you are in the hotel.