- Style Geological neoclassical
- Setting Old-town Tábor
If Fellini summered in the Czech Republic, he’d have held court at mediaeval Tábor’s Hotel Nautilus, with its long bar tiled in glittering metallic mosaics and showroom-motorcycle-cum-statue by the stairs. Despite the nautical name, its neoclassical accents and warm colours are more reminiscent of a postmodern Roman villa than a sea captain’s shack.
Need to know
- Rooms 22, including four suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $104.59 (€77), excluding tax at 15 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €14.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Free broadband; satellite TV.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Extra bed or cot on request. High chair and children's menu available in Goldie restaurant. Babysitting by special arrangement, CZK200 an hour.
- Also Six of the rooms are non-smoking, as are the Gallery, Atrium and parts of Goldie restaurant.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The rooms on the first and second floors are modern-luxe in style. 104 is a comfortable suite, with art on the walls; the bathroom has a big corner tub with jets. Rooms on the top floor are more homespun and hidden away: 307 is charming, with a little theatre façade in one corner; spacious 308 has etched-glass door panels and an exposed beam.
- Packing tips A history of the Hussite movement, if you're inclined to want to know more about the city's past.
Food and drink at Hotel Nautilus
- Hotel restaurant Goldie restaurant and bar is at the front of the hotel, and serves modern Czech food in elegant and relaxed surroundings.
- Dress code Informal and normal.
- Top table Ask for a table with a good view out over Žižka Square.
- Last orders 10.30pm for dinner, though Goldie stays open till 11pm, and 1am on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Room service You can order breakfast in your room, with a charge of CZK30.
- Hotel bar You can drink wine, beer and cocktails or have a coffee in Goldie, at tables with banquette seating. Live jazz at the weekends.