- Style Chic and child-friendly
- Setting Ultra-central Piazza della Repubblica
With the Ponte Vecchio, the Uffizi, and the Duomo all within a pleasant stroll, the classic Hotel Savoy is a is a stay as convenient as it is stylish in central Florence. Olga Polizzi designed the elegant interiors in her trademark neutrals and paid homage to the city’s fashion heritage with playful images of shoes scattered throughout the hotel.
Need to know
- Rooms 102, including 14 suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $369.05 (€270), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €5.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude Continental breakfast (€28 plus VAT).
- Facilities TV, CD/DVD in suites, wireless Internet in public areas, broadband in your room (€20 for 24 hours), gym, massage on request, library.
- Check–out 14h.
Children All children under 14 get a welcome gift, and there are super special menus, kids' DVD, PlayStations for rent and baby amenities. Interconnecting rooms, extra beds (€20–€95 plus VAT), and babysitting all available.
- Also No pets. There is a smoking floor.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Some of the classic doubles have views of the Duomo; several deluxe doubles and studio rooms have balconies and all have marble bathrooms. The Brunelleschi and Signoria suites both have amazing steam rooms with chromotherapy and aromatherapy facilities. The Suite Repubblica is the most prestigious accommodation, on the piano nobile or second floor, with antiques and contemporary art in its living room.
- Packing tips Shoes that feel good (museum-hopping) and look great (you're in Florence!).
Food and drink at Hotel Savoy
- Hotel restaurant L'Incontro serves Italian cuisine and Tuscan specialities, overlooking the piazza.
- Dress code It's easy to look like a tourist – more fun to try and blend in with the chic residents.
- Top table On the piazza terrace in summer, at the window overlooking the square in winter.
- Last orders Lunch, 14h30; dinner, 22h30; bar 02h.
- Room service When the kitchen is open, a reduced version of the restaurant menu is offered, plus 24-hour snacks.
- Hotel bar The bar is part of the restaurant space: stylish and contemporary, with lounge music played.