Hotel Seven One Seven
- Style Opulent eccentricity
- Setting Typical townhouse
Ideally placed on Amsterdam’s most picturesque canal, Prinsengracht, Hotel Seven One Seven feels more like a private residence than a hotel. This attractive, canal-front townhouse was purchased by its current proprietors entirely as-is, from the art on the walls and the books in the library down to the foundations. These original details all lend a warm and welcoming environment to the house, enhanced only by the generous hosts and their neverending parade of drinks and comestibles, served inside or in the courtyard garden.
Need to know
- Rooms Nine, including two executive suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $452.55 (€330), excluding tax at 6 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of 5.5% per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates don't usually include breakfast (€20 a person for Continental).
- Facilities CD/DVD library, free WiFi. In rooms: Bang & Olufsen flatscreen TV, stereo with CD player, minibar and Chopard bath products.
- Check–out No set time; check what time the room is needed by.
Children Cots and babysitters (book well in advance) are available; an extra bed is €75.
- Also Minimum stay over the weekend of two nights, either Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday. No pets.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Both executive suites, Picasso and Schubert, have views of the canal. Our favourites are Tolkien, which is ultra-romantic, and Room at the Top, for its rooftop views.
- Also Depending on size and cleanliness, you can speak to management about pets staying with you.
Food and drink at Hotel Seven One Seven
- Hotel restaurant The only food served is Dutch breakfast in the Strawinsky room or courtyard.
- Dress code Very relaxed; the Seven One Seven wants you to feel right at home.
- Top table If it’s warm enough, alfresco in the courtyard.
- Room service Breakfast in bed, drinks and some snacks available.
- Hotel bar House wine is served in the lounge at no extra cost, which more than compensates for there not being a bar.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details