JK Place Firenze
- Style Private perfection
- Setting Poised on a piazza
Tucked away on the corner of a piazza is JK Place Firenze – unassuming and discreet on the outside, this 20-bedroom boutique hotel exudes style, privacy and sophistication on the inside. Painted ceilings, smartly-selected modern pieces, damask curtains and grand fireplaces fill the rooms of this fashionable boutique bolthole that feels more like a private home than a hotel in the heart of bustling Florence.
Need to know
- Rooms 20, including five suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $438.63 (€318), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €5.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates €310–€1,000, including Continental or American buffet breakfast, welcome drinks and minibar soft drinks.
- Facilities Library with books, CDs and DVDs; roof terrace; free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, minibar. In-room spa treatments can be arranged and guests have access to the Olimpo Spa on nearby Via Tornabuoni.
- Check–out 12 noon, but may be flexible on request; earliest check-in, 2pm.
Children Cots for babies and extra beds for under-12s are free and, with a day’s notice, nannies can be arranged to babysit for €40 an hour. Monitors are available from the concierge. The restaurant has a stash of highchairs.
- Also Small pets are welcome. There are a few designated smoking rooms.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Classic Room 9 has high ceilings and a staircase up to the bathroom. The penthouse has a 360-degree view. Master Room 1 has a canopied bed and overlooks the square.
- Packing tips A sketchbook, a sunhat, sensible-ish shoes.
Food and drink at JK Place Firenze
- Hotel restaurant JK Lounge serves light lunches, afternoon tea and dinner, with a strongly seasonal menu of Tuscan specialities, and brunch on Sundays. Styled by Michele Bonan, the room’s decor combines classic Fifties seduction with ironic 1970s references.
- Dress code Fashionably relaxed.
- Top table The sofa by the fireplace in the JK Lounge is most romantic; but you simply have to hit the terrace in summer.
- Last orders JK Lounge is open all day, from 11am up till 10.30pm.
- Room service Breakfast can be brought to you, and JK Lounge’s restaurant menu can be served in rooms until 11pm.
- Hotel bar JK Lounge, with its teak terrace opening onto the piazza, is a see-and-be-seen setting for an aperitivo, a glass of wine or a cappuccino. There’s an honesty bar for guests in the main lounge available until 11pm, with free home-made cakes, snacks and soft drinks, and a rooftop terrace open in summer. The Pink Room downstairs is a decidedly sexy club-like space for cocktails and conversation.