- Style Light-filled and restful
- Setting Palm-shaded pools and paths
In Marrakech's refined Palmeraie district, away from the hustle and bustle of the souks, Jnane Tamsna hotel offers relaxed, family-friendly lodgings with a distinctly Moroccan feel. A sense of space gives it a peaceful atmosphere – a stroll throughout the grounds will take you past pools, down shady pathways and through a lush garden that wouldn't look out of place in a sultan's palace. Near the action but far enough away to kick back, this photogenic hideaway provides Morocco at your pace.
Need to know
- Rooms 24.
- Rates Double rooms from $218.07 (€159), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Jnane Tamsna is unable to accept payment by credit card.
- More details Rates include breakfast and soft drinks. Extra beds can be added to larger or garden rooms.
- Facilities Tennis court, tennis and yoga coaching on request, bikes to hire, book and DVD libraries, free WiFi throughout.
- Poolside Three swimming pools, plus a spa with a traditional hammam.
- Check–out Flexible.
Children Very welcome: cots (free) and beds for over 3s (€40) can be added to rooms; under 13s stay for €175–€294 a night. Babysitting and activities programmes can be arranged; there's also a TV and games room with DVD library, and a portable kid’s pool.
- Hotel closed The hotel is closed in August.
- Also Well-behaved dogs are permitted free in garden rooms. Smoking allowed, taking other guests into consideration. Disabled access is good here, and there is a wheelchair on site. Private parties and weddings are a speciality at this family-friendly escape.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Blue Animal Room – lovely and big with a fireplace. The Green Syrian Room overlooks the olive grove. The intimate Celadon Room, with a four-poster. Moussafir House has a pool and outdoor salon; the Casablanca room has a large private terrace.
- Packing tips Multiple swimwear options. Sketchbook for botanical drawings and North African recipe notes.
- Also Yoga classes and massages can be arranged. Jnane Tamsna has a rotating programme of residential events, including respected spa retreats by the likes of In:Spa, culinary courses in Jnane Tamsna's kitchens, literary salons and children's activity weekends; these must be booked in advance.
Food and drink at Jnane Tamsna
- Hotel restaurant The kitchen serves delicious Med-Moroccan fusion, using fresh ingredients from Jnane Tamsna’s own organic herb and vegetable gardens.
- Dress code Summery, unstructured.
- Top table On the roof for cocktails; in the garden for dinner.
- Last orders None at lunch; dinner served until 12.30am by pre-arrangement if you have a late flight.
- Room service None, unless a guest is feeling unwell.
- Hotel bar There is an honesty bar in the sitting room, and waiter service from 18h45 until dinner.