- Style Thatched villa sanctuary
- Setting South Bali coconut groves
Typifying the Balinese tradition of balanced indoor-outdoor living, the walls of the thatched villas of Kayumanis Jimbaran hotel are sliding doors, offering quick access to the balmy sea air and your own private glassy-blue pool right outside. Set back from a traditional fishermen’s beach that’s shaded by a coconut grove, this is one luxurious back-to-nature experience.
Need to know
- Rooms 19 standalone pool villas, including Two-bedroom Private Estates.
- Rates Double rooms from $297.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
- More details Rates include à la carte breakfast, welcome cocktail or mocktail, a 30-minute back and shoulder massage, in-room soft drinks (restocked daily), cookies, fruit, daily high tea, 24-hour private butler, local shuttle service and return airport transfers.
- Facilities Spa, meditation garden, restaurant, personal butler service, concierge, DVD/CD selection, library, free WiFi throughout, free valet parking on-site, access to two private beach areas (both 25 minutes away by shuttle), public beach (five minutes' walk away). In rooms: plasma TV, CD/DVD player, Bose sound system with iPod dock, full kitchen, minibar, espresso maker, own-label toiletries, plunge pool, terrace.
- Poolside Each villa has its own sizeable pool, either in the villa compound itself or running beside the bedroom and living area. Rectangular and tiled in dark grey stone, each private pool is surrounded by green lawns and frangipani, with loungers alongside.
- Check–out 12 noon, but flexible, subject to availability.
Children Junior Smiths are more than welcome here. Baby cots can be added to rooms, extra beds for children up to age 11 are US$121 a child a night, and a kids' menu is available.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 30 and 31 December, or 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day, although stays are still possible.
- Also All of Kayumanis Jimbaran’s common areas are pram or wheelchair accessible, as are some of the rooms.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All villas are spacious with open-plan living/dining areas, a kitchen, private pool and deck. Of the two styles of One-bedroom Private Estates, the Lemmy villas offer the most romantic appeal as their design grants them more shade and privacy, with the L-shaped pool cradled between the rustic, thatched bedroom and the semi-alfresco living area. Andra villas feature a more open bathroom, a connected master bedroom and living room, and a long pool. For more boudoirs, bag a Two-bedroom Private Estate.
- Packing tips Floaty, airy yoga clothes and a wide-brimmed hat to tug down over your eyes while you doze by the pool.
- Also Sharpen your seafood chef skills with a market tour and cooking lesson. Jimbaran is one of Bali’s great fishing villages and Kayumanis’ chef will be delighted to guide you around the market, then help you prepare a delectable Balinese meal.
Food and drink at Kayumanis Jimbaran
- Hotel restaurant An open kitchen, a thatched pavilion and a collection of garden gazebos make up Tapis Restaurant, the resort’s inventive Indonesian eaterie. Enjoy an authentic rijstaffel banquet beneath the towering coconut palms, or order a sumptous seafood barbecue platter. Western dishes are also available. Breakfast spans Balinese, Indonesian, American and Continental menus. Afternoon tea, served at Tapis from 2.30pm to 5.30pm, is included in room rates and makes for a relaxing daily ritual.
- Dress code Floral wraps for her; lazy linens for him.
- Top table Try to secure one of the few spots alongside the infinity-edge pond. You can also enjoy in-villa dinners at extra cost, from romantic, candlelit affairs to garden, floating and trad Balinese experiences, or a private barbecue.
- Last orders Open from 7am, all-day restaurant Tapis closes its kitchens at 11pm.
- Room service Your personal butler is on call 24 hours a day, to provide whatever you might need. You can have Indonesian and western dishes, as well as juices, tea and coffee, delivered to your room at any time.
- Hotel bar Kayumanis Jimbaran has no main bar area, but drinks are available from your in-room bar at all times, or linger with a cocktail at Tapis.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details