- Style Thatched villa hideaways
- Setting Serene cinnamon groves
A cinnamon-tree shades the pool and an ever-ready personal butler brings the cocktails at laid-back hotel Kayumanis Ubud in Bali. This mix of traditional thatched Balinese villas and spa-resort luxury has home-away-from-home ambience in a lush tropical location, making for one romantic getaway.
Need to know
- Rooms 23, including 19 private one-bedroom villas, two two-bedroom Residence Villas, the three-bedroom Owner's Villa and the one-bed Kayumanis Suite.
- Rates Double rooms from $271.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast, a 30-minute massage, and a private shuttle service around Ubud, from 7am to 11pm.
- Facilities Spa, library, DVD/CD selection, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: fully equipped kitchenette, TV, DVD player on request, CD player, sound system, minibar.
- Poolside Each villa has its own large private pool and sundeck within a secluded tropical garden.
- Check–out Midday, although both early check-in and late check-out can be arranged, subject to availability.
Children Kayumanis is very much an adult playground, however children aged 16 and above are welcome.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
- Also Your personal butler is on hand to provide afternoon tea, daily fresh fruit and a constantly stocked complimentary minibar, and anything else you request or require. Smoking is allowed throughout.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Because each one is uniquely styled according to a different cultural theme, the best villas depend on your taste. We like the traditional Balinese and the rustic, back-to-nature Primitive villas, but there’s also Javanese, Oriental, Palembang and Modern to choose from, and each comes in one-, two- or three-bed flavours. Get a valley view if you can.
- Packing tips Yoga clothing – there are classes every Wednesday. Keep some space in your suitcase for authentic Balinese artworks in gallery-packed Ubud town.
- Also Kayumanis Ubud also organises trips to Buahan village for a picnic lunch overlooking the mountains and Ayung river valley or to watch the sunset at famous Tanah Lot, a romantic temple perched on cliffs high above the ocean.
Food and drink at Kayumanis Ubud
- Hotel restaurant If you can tear yourself away from the cloistered luxury of your villa, let chef Nyoman Mustika serve you up some thom yam goong in the Dining Corner – traditional Thai food at its spicy best.
- Dress code Laid-back Balinese or cool flowing cotton – from sarongs to Stella McCartney, anything goes.
- Top table The corner table on the bottom deck gives you a privacy boost, as well as putting you closest to the stunning natural surrounding.
- Last orders The Dining Corner and the Wine Corner both close at 11pm.
- Room service You can order an a-la-carte meal served overlooking your own private pool and garden. The staff will also fill your garden and villa with hundreds of flickering candles if you’re after an ultra-romantic evening for two.
- Hotel bar The elevated Wine Corner lounge is a great place to hole up and usher in the dusk with a good bottle from the extensive cellar. Cocktail fans will lap up (or at least contentedly sip) the Sayan Forest, a blend of Kahlua, fresh strawberry and milk.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details