KC Resort & Over Water Villas
- Style Luxury on stilts
- Setting Samui Heights
With rooms on stilts over saltwater pools, KC Resort & Over Water Villas hotel is a splashy retreat in Koh Samui overlooking the glittering ocean and tropical hills. The glam villas have sleek gadgetry, deep soaking tubs and one divine bed. Sunbathe and snorkle around or explore the nearby thrills of the island just a boat ride away.
Need to know
- Rooms 95, including suites and villas.
- Rates Double rooms from $105.14 (THB3,373), excluding tax at 18 per cent.
- More details Rates exclude buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, CD/ DVD library, spa, gym, shop, gardens. In rooms: flatscreen TV with satellite channels, DVD player, chess and backgammon tables, Salvatore Ferregamo toiletries, minibar, free bottled water, air-conditioning.
- Poolside The resort has a three-tier outdoor saltwater pool and sun-deck, perfect for lounge lizards.
- Check–out 12pm, but flexible subject to availability. Check-in: 2pm.
Children Welcome, but KC Resort & Over Water Villas is more suited to grown- ups. Free baby cots are available and extra beds for older kids at THB1,500 a night. Babysitting with staff can be arranged with a day's notice for THB350 an hour.
- Eco‐friendly Rooms are designed to minimise energy waste, and water is recycled for irrigation. KC Resort has its own organic garden and uses locally sourced, seasonal and organic produce when possible. Staff participate in beach clean-ups.
- Also Smoking is allowed in some parts of the resort. Koh Samui taxi drivers are famous for their inflated fares, so the resort runs a free shuttle bus to and from Chaweng.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms There are 95 to choose from, but aim for the top row of villas, which have better views and more privacy.
- Packing tips A selection of bikinis, board shorts or budgie smugglers; you’ll be spending a lot of time on your deck.
- Also For added entertainment, KC Resort is planning a regular schedule of rooftop movie screenings and concerts, exclusive parties and culinary one-offs.
Food and drink at KC Resort & Over Water Villas
- Hotel restaurant The View Restaurant & Wine Lounge is a high-ceilinged, open-door eatery simply furnished with Thai wooden motifs. The balcony is the best spot to enjoy the view and cool breeze. French chef Stephane Fieger has worked his magic on a Mediterranean menu that includes gourmet burgers, seafood, steaks and succulent lamb shanks. The cheese plate is excellent and novelties such as the exclusive Kopi Lowak menu (gourmet coffee beans passed through the digestive tract of a weasel-like civet) are quirky must-tries.
- Dress code Relaxed chic: linen trousers and cool maxi dresses will fit in just fine.
- Top table Book a chef for romantic private dining or take advantage of the personal butler service.
- Last orders 11pm.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar The resort has two bars. Opposite the restaurant is the Matahari Bar, a chilled and stylish spot for a spicy Tom Yum cocktail or glass of wine. The Rooftop Panorama Bar may appear empty by day, but is often transformed for special events and parties. The 360-degree views are spectacular.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details