Kube Hotel St Tropez
- Style Palm-fringed party pad
- Setting Hip St Tropez hilltop
Dramatically set on a Côte d’Azur clifftop overlooking St Tropez’s yacht-dotted bay, Kube Hotel is a fabulous party pad that evokes Miami on the Med. The glass building is a shimmer of sugary white minimalism, but there’s nothing understated about its glamorous perks, led by a helicopter pad, two bars, a super-long swimming pool and daily DJ sets.
Need to know
- Rooms 41, including 10 suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $255.99 (€186), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.65 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (from €25).
- Facilities Spa, gardens, gym, DVD/CD library. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, integrated DVD/CD player and minibar.
- Poolside A gargantuan swimming pool carved from grey marble occupies an impressive stretch of the grassy lawn, surrounded by soft grey decking. There’s also a smaller pool in the courtyard area.
- Check–out Noon, but flexible subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
Children All ages are welcome: cots are provided free; extra beds for €75 and there is a babysitting service for €18 an hour.
- Hotel closed Mid November to 25 January.
- Also Pets can stay for €40 a day and there are outdoor smoking areas.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms In terms of design flourishes and sleek minimalist furniture, all rooms are created equal at Kube, classified purely by their size (S, M, L, XL, etc). Request a corner room for an adjacent pair of French windows and pool views. Room 223 (L) has Ligne Roset mini rocking chairs and a monochrome mosaic-clad bath. Room 226 (XL) has enough room to swing a panther in, plus breathtaking sea views. Families should request rooms either in the ‘400’ range or the B building, in the quieter, rear courtyard.
- Packing tips Binoculars for bay-watching the yachts from the hotel deck; a copy of F Scott Fitzgerald’s Riviera-set The Beautiful and Damned.
- Also Kube runs free shuttles to and from downtown St Tropez.
Food and drink at Kube Hotel St Tropez
- Hotel restaurant As sleek, white and modern as the rest of the hotel, with a feature wall of brown and white Tetris-style tiles, Kube restaurant is a contemporary space in which to linger under ice cube-like pendant lights over reinventions of French classics whipped up in the open industrial-chic kitchen.
- Dress code Pucci, Gucci, Lady Ga-Ga (if you must) – Kube can take whatever your wardrobe can throw at it; Mr Smith should think sharp-suit-no-tie Clooney in Ocean’s Eleven.
- Top table Maintain the romance with a table away from the pan-clanking open kitchen.
- Last orders Breakfast is available until a hangover-friendly 1pm, with the option to chain-feed straight into lunch (12pm–4pm). Dinner is served from 7pm–11pm.
- Room service A light menu of sandwiches, pasta and burgers can be mustered 24/7.
- Hotel bar Start with sundowners at the podium Martini Bar, then proceed to the stylishly cool Skybar on the roof for a DJ-soundtracked drink against a backdrop of pine tree-feathered hills with gull’s-eye views over the swimming pools, lawns and bay of St Tropez beyond.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details