La Fuente de la Higuera
- Style Trad Andalucian
- Setting Close but no costa
A converted olive mill dating back to the 18th century, La Fuente de la Higuera hotel in Andalucia hotel will seduce you as much with its views of the countryside around Ronda as with its elegant décor. Between the outdoor pool and an exceptional restaurant serving classic Spanish cuisine, it's easy to settle into this relaxed retreat. Further immerse yourself in the local culture with flamenco and yoga classes, as well as local guided trips to Seville, Granada and Jerez.
Need to know
- Rooms 11.
- Rates Double rooms from $269.01 (€197), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities All the rooms have a private garden or terrace. Most have open fireplaces. Massages and spa treatments are available on request.
- Poolside Outdoor pool set in a walled garden.
- Check–out Midday, but flexible.
Children Welcome. The junior suite has a standard room next door. An extra bed is €45; cots are €25.
- Hotel closed November to February, but open for Christmas and New Year.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Room 10 has the best private terrace. Room 5 is a junior suite with beautiful views over the valley. Spacious Room 2 is the honeymoon suite.
- Also Yoga and flamenco classes can be arranged. The hotel can arrange English-speaking guides for visits to Seville, Granada and Jerez.
Food and drink at La Fuente de la Higuera
- Hotel restaurant Dinner is served indoors or outdoors, depending on the weather; order during the day. The €35 three-course menu changes daily, and features Spanish fish, meat and vegetarian dishes.
- Dress code Sierra-style insouciance.
- Top table A candlelit table by the pool.
- Last orders For lunch: 2.30pm; dinner: 10pm.
- Room service The restaurant menu is available until 10pm. Drinks available until midnight.
- Hotel bar There is a 24-hour honesty bar.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details