La Maison by Dussol
- Style Boutique bed and breakfast
- Setting Upmarket Gavea
Ready for its close-up and just 10 minutes north of Ipanema, Rio De Janeiro hotel La Maison by Dussol embodies a sophisticated aesthetic that’s fashion magazine-worthy. The first of its kind to open in Rio, this boutique bolthole feels like a private home – and its breathtaking surroundings and laid-back attitude will make you seriusly consider taking up premanent residency.
Need to know
- Rooms Five rooms.
- Rates Double rooms from $190.62 (BRL450), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 10% per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities WiFi, air-con and fans, Granado toiletries, massage, beauty treatments, library, gardens.
- Poolside Outdoor pool with a view.
- Check–out Midday, but can be flexible.
Children Under-fives stay free, with cots available. Over-fives: €80 for an extra bed. Babysitters can be booked.
- Also Pets are welcome. Smoking is allowed. Airport transfer costs €60. City tour, €120.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Each of the five rooms is individually decorated, with a travel theme. The Tiffany Room has the biggest terrace, and a bathroom with a view over the Corcovado and Tijuca Forest. The Recamier Room is spacious, with the best view and a bathtub.
Food and drink at La Maison by Dussol
- Hotel restaurant The cook shops daily for fresh produce and cooks fusion cuisine to order: meat or fish.
- Dress code Elegant sundresses, and the eternal Havaianas.
- Top table In the candlelit lounge.
- Last orders Guests are asked to order lunch by 10pm, and dinner by 5pm.
- Room service A snack menu of sandwiches, salads and fruit plates is available.
- Hotel bar You can drink great caipirinhas and batidas, as late as you like.