La Maison du Frêne
- Style Arty townhouse
- Setting Streets of Vence
Perfect for art lovers, boutique hotel La Maison du Frêne in Vence, on the Côte d'Azur, is brimming with pretty things, courtesy of the collector owner’s keen eye. The four well-appointed rooms are spacious and filled with enough books, art, sculptures and antiques to feel like the private apartment of a well-to-do gallery proprietor.
Need to know
- Rooms Four.
- Rates Double rooms from $213.54 (€155), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities TV, DVD.
- Poolside There is no pool.
- Check–out 1pm.
Children The hotel’s art collection makes it unsuitable for under-12s. One of the suites can accommodate three people.
- Also The hotel is perfect for art-lovers, filled with the owner’s personal art collection and an extensive library of original art books.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Chapel Suite is lovely, light and airy, and the balcony of the Pop Art Suite has a view of the Matisse-designed Chapel of the Rosary.
Food and drink at La Maison du Frêne
- Hotel restaurant Complimentary tea is served in the afternoon. Evening meals are available on request, made from the best fresh produce from the local market.
- Dress code Artistic flair.
- Top table In the intimate dining room.
- Room service There is no room service available.
- Hotel bar Guests can enjoy drinks throughout the house.