La Réserve Ramatuelle
- Style Polished and prestigious
- Setting Exclusive Riviera
When the beat of St Tropez gets too bone-rattling, La Réserve Ramatuelle hotel is your relief, affording once-in-a-lifetime views over the Mediterranean from its perch outside the city proper. The decadent spa is the main attraction, but the modern monochromatic rooms and the innovative, detox-friendly food are key players in a standout supporting cast.
Need to know
- Rooms 23, including 16 suites. There are also 12 villas available to rent.
- Rates Double rooms from $640.53 (€467), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
- More details Rates include buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gardens and terrace, free WiFi throughout, book and DVD libraries. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, preloaded iPod, free bottled water, Crème de la Mer toiletries, pillow menu in suites.
- Poolside Order a drink from the bar, sink into one of the beanbags around the heated outdoor pool, and lazily contemplate a lap or two. Indoors, the spa’s pool has a jet lane.
- Check–out Noon; check-in, 3pm.
Children Kids are welcome. Cots can be provided free and extra beds for older children cost €210 per night. Babysitting can be arranged with a local nanny for €20 an hour.
- Hotel closed November to March.
- Also Two rooms are wheelchair-accessible.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Every room is decorated in a palette of muted minks, taupes and crisp whites, and looks out over the ocean. We’re keen on the Junior Suites with their jaw-dropping Mediterranean panoramas and floor-to-ceiling windows, but if you’re travelling en famille or just feeling plush, Suite Camarat is one of the biggest boudoirs in the house, with two bedrooms, a homely lounge area and a terrace the size of Cannes. Maybe slightly smaller.
- Packing tips Missoni swimsuit, superstar-in-waiting sunglasses, and a determination to detox.
- Also The La Réserve spa is a cut above: choose from 24 different treatments including balneotherapy and fangotherapy (volcanic-mud fun), drift away during a massage or purify your pores in the steam bath.
Food and drink at La Réserve Ramatuelle
- Hotel restaurant Dining is a relaxed affair with food served both in the softly lit lounge and on the terrace under breeze-rippled canopies. Menus feature Southern French staples such as grilled sea bass and local roast lamb, with healthy, holistic leanings – the kitchen will work with the spa to offer you a menu attuned to your body’s biorhythms.
- Dress code Keep it pure and simple: post-beach chic, crisp linens and minimal make-up. Sun-kissed skin is a must.
- Top table Make sure to get a table by the glass doors to make the most of the Med views.
- Last orders Food is served until 10pm and the bar is open until 2am; drinks can be ordered any time in the lobby or around the pool.
- Room service A selection of starters, mains and desserts from the restaurant menu is available 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar Cocktails are served on the terraces and in the lounge-ish lobby, where enormous picture windows let in views of green hills and blue sea.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details