- Style Cheap-chic palazzo
- Setting Monferrato vineyards
Best appreciated with a glass of local bubbly in hand, La Villa hotel is is a restored 17th-century property surrounded by the rolling Monferrato vineyards of Piedmont. Set amid spectacular scenery and some of Italy’s top restaurants, this country hideaway blends historic details with contemporary essentials.
Need to know
- Rooms 12: five suites, seven doubles.
- Rates Double rooms from $268.40 (€196), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Air-conditioning, minibar, Internet; flatscreen TVs and DVD/CD player on request.
- Poolside Outdoor pool (no diving: adults' feet can always touch the bottom).
- Check–out 11am; if guests want to stay by the pool, changing facilities are available.
Children Over-10s welcome. There’s a games room with satellite TV. All suites have large sofa beds, suitable for families of up to four; there’s a charge of €10 a night for family use.
- Hotel closed 5 December 2011 to 9 March 2012.
- Also Small, well-behaved dogs are allowed, one at a time. Smoking is allowed outside.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The Honeymoon suite is huge, has original terracotta floors, arched ceilings, a four poster bed and a bath overlooking the vineyards. If you’re a sucker for a vista, the Terrace Suite and the peaceful Moroccan room share a fabulous private patio. The view from the claw-footed bath in the Romeo and Juliet room is also lovely.
- Packing tips It’s not what you take, rather the space you should leave in your luggage to cart some of the wines, cheeses, truffles, mushrooms, amaretti and other delicacies awaiting you in this the region. No need to take a hairdryer either as they provide them.
Food and drink at La Villa
- Hotel restaurant La Vie serves local produce and great Piemontese wines.
- Dress code Completamente casuale; unless you’re off to a Michelin-starred eatery, when you might want to plump for Prada.
- Room service Light snacks for late-arriving guests, but otherwise no room service.
- Hotel bar This little enclave is the hub of the hotel. In winter, they light a wood fire; in summer, it opens onto the courtyard. Guests can drink as late as they like on an honesty-bar basis.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details