Le Lodge Kerisper
- Style Castaway cabin
- Setting Portside perch
On the windswept shores of southern Brittany sits the family-friendly hotel Le Lodge Kerisper, in the small but bustling sailing town of La Trinité-sur-Mer. Modern lighting and Steve McQueen posters give a dash of urban cool to the otherwise coastal chic interiors at this old stone farm. Crêperies abound around the hotel, but stay inside to enjoy plates of fresh sea-to-table fruits des mers.
Need to know
- Rooms 20, including nine suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $101.61 (€75), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €0.85 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€14 a person; €9 for children).
- Facilities Terrace, garden, treatment room, library, free WiFi throughout, bicycle hire. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, free bottled water. Suite-Apartments also have fridges and Nespresso machines.
- Poolside Decking alongside the small outdoor heated pool is lined with canvas deckchairs and sun parasols, overlooking the garden's lawns.
- Check–out 12 noon, but flexible. Check-in, 3pm.
Children Extra beds can be added for €35; cots are free. Babysitting with a local nanny costs €8 an hour. The owners like to make children feel at home: teddies will be waiting on their beds.
- Hotel closed For three weeks each January.
- Also Massage and reflexology can be arranged at the hotel's treatment room: book two weeks in advance in high season.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Book a ground-floor room with a terrace, so you can enjoy the salty sea air and make the most of the outdoor feel of this beach house. Suite 8 has a big south-facing terrace; Room 9 – a Junior Suite – is up in the eaves, so it feels tucked away and cosy. Suite-Apartment 16 is the perfect pick for families, since it’s on the ground floor, opens onto the garden and can accommodate up to two adults and three children in two rooms. Junior Suites have an extra bed alcove.
- Packing tips Windproof jackets for the blustery beaches; a watercolour set to paint them.
- Also Among the treatments available in are essential-oil massage and reflexology.
Food and drink at Le Lodge Kerisper
- Hotel restaurant None, but the lodge has a breakfast room where home-made far Breton cake is served as part of an ample buffet in the morning. The decor is a mix of old bottles, glass lanterns, wire baskets and balls of twine – all of it nicely weathered.
- Dress code Casual nautical stripes, windproof jackets.
- Top table Choose a table by the window for pool views, or join fellow guests at the long table for chat with your coffee.
- Last orders The bar stays open until midnight.
- Room service Breakfast can be taken on your terrace or balcony.
- Hotel bar Decked out with fairy lights and lampshades made from strung-together jars filled with red liquid, the bar offers 10 malts and 13 cocktails; the chalkboard wine list is small but well picked. There’s a huge sweet-shop jar of pick 'n' mix jellies to help yourself to.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details