- Style Hearts and flowers
- Setting Super Cannes
Perched on the edge of Mougins – the picturesque town where Picasso painted for 15 years – and minutes from the glamour of Cannes, hotel Les Rosées is like a languid, flower-filled bath: all warmth and wonderful aromas. With a famous fragrance factory nearby, this luxurious hotel’s rustic furnishing and sumptuous fabrics will have you unwinding in no time.
Need to know
- Rooms Five suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $261.87 (€192), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast .
- Facilities Gardens, library, treatment room for massages. In rooms: free WiFi, CD, iPod dock, minibar and Fragonard products.
- Poolside The small, unheated (but sun-kissed) pool is set in the picturesque garden, down a set of stone steps from the house.
- Check–out Noon, but flexible, subject to availability. Check-in, from 3pm. The doors are locked at 10.30pm, so ring ahead if it looks as though you’ll arrive later.
Children Cots are available at €20, extra beds at €40; babysitting with a local nanny can be arranged for €10 an hour, booked a day in advance.
- Also Pets can come too, free. There are no TVs in rooms, but there’s a flatscreen to borrow if you’re desperate.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms With honey-hued walls, a tower-shaped reading room full of natural light, separate dressing space and marble bathroom in shell pink, Isadora is the most romantic suite. Taking up the whole top floor, spacious and contemporary Serguey is coloured with cool neutrals, and has a working fireplace and a slate wet room. For a quirky stay, book the restored and re-upholstered Romany caravan, which has a little terrace. The garden-level suites St Honorat and St Marguerite both have space for an extra bed in the sitting room, so they’re good options for families.
- Packing tips Comfy shoes for long walks, over-sized shades for a trip to Cannes (20 minutes away) and an F. Scott Fitzgerald novel for pool/fire-side reading.
- Also All suites are non-smoking, but the hotel has a cigar stash to accompany a glass of Cognac somewhere discreet.
Food and drink at Les Rosées
- Hotel restaurant Only breakfast is served, an offering of organic, fair-trade local produce, plus sweet, flaky sultana pastries and jam from the hotel’s kitchen.
- Dress code Chic and comfy: cool linens and espadrilles.
- Top table Plump for a breakfast table in the shadow of the tower, by the outdoor sofa.
- Room service A selection of drinks and snacks is on offer from 8.30am until 10.30pm.
- Hotel bar No bar, but you can sample the hotel’s stash of robust reds and medal-winning local whites (plus home-made orange or nut wines) beneath the olive trees, in your boudoir, or nestling on velvet cushions in the salon.