L'Oustau de Baumanière
- Style Chic country retreat
- Setting Rocks and ruins of Les Baux
Best known for its eponymous two-Michelin-starred restaurant, L'Oustau de Baumanière hotel will have you salivating over postcard-worthy panoramas of Provence, too. Set among villages, olive groves and vineyards where Cézanne and Van Gogh found inspiration, the rooms of this historic hillside home are airy and light, seamlessly synthesizing the surround-sound extras of 21st-century living with the hotel’s 17th-century frame and handmade furniture.
Need to know
- Rooms 30, including 14 suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $218.69 (€159), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€26 for Continental).
- Facilities TV, wireless Internet access. In-room massages can be arranged.
- Poolside There’s an outdoor pool in front of the main terrace.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Welcome. Under-12s stay free. An extra bed in the apartments for older children costs €30.
- Also There is a tennis court, and guests have access to the grounds of the whole estate.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The junior suites at the front of the house enjoy views over the terrace and the swimming pool.
Food and drink at L'Oustau de Baumanière
- Hotel restaurant With two Michelin stars, the restaurant at Oustau de Baumanière is world-renowned. The kitchen is headed by two brothers, Sylvestre and Michael Wahid – the former overseeing the delectable mains and the latter creating the lavish desserts – a dynamic duo whose fantastic à la carte features caviar, foie gras, Grand Marnier-soaked crêpes and a dazzling array of premiers grands crus. Lunch is 12pm–2pm; dinner 7.30pm–9.30pm.
- Dress code Refined sophistication.
- Top table Near the window overlooking the terrace and garden.
- Room service A room-service menu is available 12 noon to 3pm and 7pm–10pm.
- Hotel bar Drinks are available from the restaurant until midnight. Try the estate’s own wine, L’Affectif.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details