Luna2 Private Hotel
- Style Pop Art party pad
- Setting Full-frontal Seminyak Beach
More Miami than traditional thatched Balinese hut, Luna 2 Private Hotel is outer-limits oppulent. Owner Melanie Hall teamed up with architect David Wahl to create this five-room retro-radical party pad, replete with Pop Art touches, custom-made furniture and modern design icons by Harry Bertoia and Phillipe Starck. Add to that a poo, sculpture garden beachfront locale and 24-hour staff and you will feel like the high-profile guests that frequent this exclusive hire dream house.
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including four ensuite doubles and a twin, which converts to a double.
- Rates Double rooms from $3000.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
- More details Rates include exclusive-hire of the whole five-bedroom property, VIP return airport transfers, 24 staff including personal chef, daily sunset canapés, two chauffeured cars, babysitting and event management. A la carte breakfast is US$25 each.
- Facilities Free wireless broadband; flatscreen TVs, DVD players, preloaded iPods, Bose sound system with docks, iPad; library of DVDs, books and magazines; overhead projector for outdoor movie nights; study with Mac computer; children's play room, including board games, computer games, Xbox and PlayStation; two fully equipped kitchens with espresso machine, temperature-controlled wine cellar and humidor.
- Poolside Take a dip with Marilyn Monroe, whose glam image – recreated in Bisazza mosaic tiles – adorns the bottom of the sleekly linear 20-metre pool, which offers serene sea views. Sunseekers should sprawl on the poolside loungers or lawn; shade-fanciers can recline in the two covered relaxation areas decked out with yellow day-beds and charcoal-grey modular seating. Beachfront access means the ocean is only steps away.
- Check–out Check-out and check-in, 1pm, unless by prior agreement. Late check-outs may be charged an extra day fee, so be sure to flag up requests to linger longer.
Children Kids are easily integrated into life at Luna2 Private Hotel, and will love having their own private play pad.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
- Also Three-night minimum stay in low season; five-night in high season. Smoking is allowed in lounge areas, but not bedrooms; pets are not permitted. Guests receive temporary membership to nearby Canggu Club's gym, tennis courts, pool, restaurants and bars.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The green master bedroom is the most spacious, with a private pond-fringed terrace and killer beach views (surfers are so close you'll feel like you're sharing waves). A retro-cute Brionvega TV adds style points, and the ensuite sports black-and-green Bisazza tiles, a drenching Dornbracht rain shower and a Philippe Starck tub with ocean vistas. For more privacy, plump for the purple room, where the bed is backdropped with a 'sexy' mirror.
- Packing tips Sporty types should bring togs for horse riding, surfing, mountain-biking, yoga or water Pilates, which staff can arrange. More sedentary guests should pack the three Ss (swimwear, sunscreen and shades).
- Also A massage bed on the shared deck beckons for in-house spa sessions. Alternatively, luxuriate in the bathrooms, where vibey quotes about love and life from previous guests are engraved on the walls (pop your own in the guest box, and you may see it writ large next time you visit).
Food and drink at Luna2 Private Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Food and drink is charged as an extra, but Australian executive chef Brenden Peace's delicious cooking is off the charts, so be sure to indulge. Start the day with house-baked pastries or a feta and potato rosti with house-smoked salmon and soft-poached eggs. The team can whip up lunch or light refreshments during the day, including cookies, scones with cream and organic jam, and chilled granitas. Later on, settle into the 12-seater dining area and choose between six-course degustation menus or relaxed TV dinners, customised to order. Take advantage of the in-house event planning service if you fancy a bespoke dinner at the chef's table or memorable poolside party.
- Dress code Dress up to get down. Ladies, go for Roberto Cavalli kaftans and Liza Bruce bathers with Christian Louboutin wedges. Lads, loose linens will do the trick.
- Top table Dine in an outdoor balé for Indian Ocean views.
- Last orders All-day dining means you can request breakfast, lunch and dinner times to suit your mood. The bar keeps pouring until the last guest drops.
- Room service Your wish really is the 24-strong staff's command. If you're peckish after dinner, nocturnal snacks include cheese plates, fruit, chocolates and other goodies.
- Hotel bar Luna2's bartenders, all trained mixologists, are on hand to whip up your favourite tipples. Complimentary canapés are served daily at sunset at the sleek white bar or by the pool – the perfect time to sample the lip-smacking signature Lunatini cocktail. There's a savvy selection of wine too, from a quaffable New Zealand sauvignon blanc to a Chateau Petrus to accompany that Cohiba Siglo IV cigar from the humidor.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details