Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas
- Style High-roller’s haven
- Setting Soul of the Strip
The only sure bet in Sin City may be booking a hotel room at the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas. High above the Strip, the glass tower is a high-rolling refuge of calming Asian-decorated suites, a serene spa and a top-notch restaurant, with nary a slot machine in sight.
Need to know
- Rooms 392, including 57 suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $195.00, excluding tax at 12 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional resort fee of $25.00 per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates exclude à la carte breakfast ($24).
- Facilities Spa (with sauna, steam room, hammam and 17 treatment rooms); fitness centre; yoga studio; beauty salon. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, WiFi, minibar, Shanghai Tang toiletries.
- Poolside There are two lap pools and two heated plunge pools, all with views of CityCenter.
- Check–out 12pm, but flexible, subject to availability (and a half-day charge). Earliest check-in, 3pm.
Children If you do choose to bring your brood to SIn City, Mandarin Oriental welcomes them with open arms. The hotel can provide free baby cots, bath toys and in-room entertainment; babysitting is available at a rate of $45 an hour, with a minimum of four hours.
- Also Don’t fret if you leave your chargers at home. Each room has a technology box stocked with the various cords and wires you may need to use during your stay.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Each room has beautiful Asian-inspired art and excellent natural light. Choose a Mandarin Premier Room on one of the highest levels (up to 22): they are more spacious than the Standard Strip View rooms, and have unparalleled views. High rollers should spring for the Emperor Suite, which has wall-to-wall views of the Strip, an open kitchen and a theatre room.
- Packing tips Don’t forget your suits – both a leisure suit for taking on the town and a swimsuit if you dip into the hotel’s four pools.
- Also Modelled on 1930s-era Shanghai, the 17-room award-winning spa offers Asian treatments, including qi-balancing. Enormous and split over two levels, it includes elaborate spa suites, a Chinese foot spa, relaxation lounges, a hammam, a salon and a yoga studio.
Food and drink at Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas
- Hotel restaurant The acclaimed Twist by Pierre Gagnaire is one of the best restaurants in town. The Michelin-starred chef prepares three- or six-courses tastings, along with seasonal à la carte dishes using California wagyu beef and other best-of-the-best ingredients in modern, often-molecular preparations. The dining room has an other-worldly quality, with sculpted branches and butterflies emerging from the ceilings. MOzen Bistro is the all-day dining option, an understated restaurant on the third floor serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, all with Asian influences. The kitchen specialises in bento boxes at dinner, and has a customisable box of Thai, Korean, Japanese and Indian options. There is also the Pool Café, which serves lighter fare for breakfast and lunch.
- Dress code Go ahead and gild the lily: this is Vegas, so jewels, labels and bespoke fashions abound.
- Top table Request a table at Twist by the window to soak in city’s neon glows and fountain shows. Or bag a seat with a view of the semi-open kitchen.
- Last orders Twist serves dinner from 6pm until 10pm, Tuesday to Thursday, and until 10.30pm on Friday and Saturday. MOzen Bistro serves from 6.30am until 10pm. The Pool Café serves from 8am until 6pm. The bar opens at 5pm Monday through Saturday.
- Room service A lengthy menu of breakfast fare, soups, salads and entrees is available for delivery 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar Mandarin Bar feels like a boozy jewellery box in the sky. Set on the 23rd floor, the bar has backlit shelves, glowing drops of light and a ceiling to designed to look like the night sky The menu includes small bites and a selection of flavoured martinis. The cucumber-cilantro margarita is particularly refreshing. It is closed on Sundays.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details