Marari Beach Resort
- Style Thatched Malayalam with mod cons
- Setting White-sandy shores of the Arabian Sea
Marari Beach Resort hotel is an eco-friendly, hammock-swaying hideaway near Alleppey's sandy shores. Take advantage of the hotel’s jam-packed activities programme – with yoga, meditation, and environmental explorations on offer – or relax by the sparkling pool with one of the hotel’s inventive cocktails. Doing nothing or everything is entirely up to you.
Need to know
- Rooms 49 garden villas, 10 pool villas, three deluxe pool villas
- Rates Double rooms from $184.08 (INR11,339), excluding tax at 12 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Swimming pool, Ayurvedic spa, free wireless internet, bookhouse, tennis courts, beach volleyball, shop, yoga, meditation, music classes. In-room amenities: air-conditioning, minibar, tea/coffee facilities, wide range of natural bath products.
- Check–out Midday, but if the room isn’t booked afterwards, this is flexible.
Children This hotel is better suited to couples - leave the children at home!
- Eco‐friendly Marari Beach has won a few environmental awards for its commendable programmes, from its bio-gas and sewage treatment plants and solar-driven water-heating and rainwater harvesting schemes to the organic vegetable gardens and composting.
- Also Pets are welcome. Kerala is a no-smoking state, but you can smoke in the rooms.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms If you fancy a pond view, go for hut number 10. If you want to stay where Paul and Heather McCartney did, earmark 17.
- Packing tips Mosquito repellent, relaxed clothing for yoga/meditation.
Food and drink at Marari Beach Resort
- Hotel restaurant A Wickerwood-roofed, open-sided Malayalam building has a magnificent buffet with a vast selection of Keralan vegetarian, fish and meat starters, mains and desserts with some Western dishes. The beach eatery serves delicious fresh fish.
- Top table There are tables for two around the edge of the restaurant.
- Last orders Breakfast 07h–09h30; lunch 12h–14h30; dinner 19h30–22h.
- Hotel bar Perch on a bar stool or at a table on the grass at the open-air beach-hut bar where the garden meets the beach. As well as beers, wines and spirits they do some fantastically imaginative cocktails – maybe steer clear of the one with garlic!