- Style Canvas masterpiece
- Setting Boho Limpopo
Sights and sounds of South Africa's Marakele National Park sweep through suites at the Marataba hotel, a romantic retreat set above a river at the foot of the Waterberg mountains. These open-plan, contemporary suites feature natural materials and each has a private viewing deck, under-floor heating and outdoor showers for a luxurious stay in the wilderness.
Need to know
- Rooms 12 suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $840.72 (ZAR8,737), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
- More details Rates include all meals, drinks and game drives.
- Facilities Rooms have air-con, under-floor heating, roll-top baths, outdoor showers and private decks. The main lodge has a library.
- Poolside The pool is surrounded by sunloungers and lush gardens.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Children over six are welcome.
- Also Limpopo's Marakele National Park is malaria free.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The suites nearest the river are best for wildlife.
- Packing tips Malaria pills are unnecessary, but insect repellent is still a good idea. A zoom lens is essential for the best wildlife photos.
Food and drink at Marataba
- Hotel restaurant Lunch is normally served on the verandah 12.30pm–2pm. Dinner is served at 7.30pm in the elegant dining room, on the verandah, or in the boma under the stars. The menu is dominated by African flavours.
- Dress code Savannah style.
- Top table On the verandah or in the boma.
- Last orders The bar closes when the last guest leaves.
- Room service A room service menu is available at all times.
- Hotel bar The bar has a relaxed atmosphere. All drinks are included in the cost of the room.