Masseria Torre Coccaro
- Style Refined fortress
- Setting Sea-scented olive groves
Distinguished by its cavernous, ancient rooms, hotel Masseria Torre Coccaro is an old-world stone farmhouse turned family-friendly boutique retreat in Puglia. Adriatic beaches aren't far away, but the outdoor pool, Aveda spa and indulgent hammam subtly seduce you into staying put. Expect exquisite rooms with stone walls, linen bedding, oversized baroque mirrors and richly-upholstered sofas. If you do feel the urge to leave the grounds, take a trip on the private 14-metre yacht.
Need to know
- Rooms 37.
- Rates Double rooms from $353.85 (€258), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €3.00 per person per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities TV/DVD, internet. The Aveda spa has a small indoor pool, Turkish baths, yoga/chikung facilities and gym. Shiatsu, Ayurvedic and reflexology massage are available.
- Poolside Large outdoor pool with a cabana where you can have a light lunch.
- Check–out Midday.
Children Children under two stay for free. Children between two and 12 are charged at €90. A babysitting service and a kids' beach club (June–September) are also available.
- Also Seven-night minimum stay in August. Torre Coccaro’s beach club (open April to October) is five minutes away. The hotel runs a cookery school, where guests learn to make traditional local delicacies, and offers a cocktail course.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Room 35 is a junior suite in an ancient tower, with beautiful sea views and cosy fireplace. Room 6 is the Orange Garden suite, set into the bedrock, with large dining area, private garden and Jacuzzi. Room 16 has a private patio and beautiful vaulted ceiling.
- Also The hotel also operates a horse-riding centre (with ponies for the kids), allowing guests to take trots along the beach or through the countryside.
Food and drink at Masseria Torre Coccaro
- Hotel restaurant Egnathia restaurant is set under the star-shaped vaults of the old stables and serves organic Puglian cuisine. The beach-club restaurant specialises in sushi and fish dishes.
- Dress code Breezy and informal.
- Top table Under the pergola with a view of the pool.
- Room service Provided 7am–2am. A snack menu is available at times when the restaurant kitchen is closed.
- Hotel bar Set in one of the towers, with fireplaces, vaulted ceilings and garden terrace.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details