Milliken Creek Inn & Spa
- Style Classic country casual
- Setting A river runs through it
A charming clapboard home in Napa Valley, set on a picture-perfect plot right on the lush banks of the Napa River, Milliken Creek Inn & Spa hotel is an idyllic base from which to explore the vineyard-ridden Silverado Trail. That said, with its organic spa, giant hydrotherapy tubs and regular visits from local winemakers offering tastes and selling their wares, you might not feel the need to leave the property at all.
Need to know
- Rooms 12.
- Rates Double rooms from $299.00, excluding tax at 26 per cent.
- More details Rates include hot breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gardens, library, free DVD selection, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, minibar, free Voss water, L’Occitane toiletries. Many rooms have one-touch gas fireplaces.
- Poolside There’s no pool, but cushioned wooden lounger and parasols have been set up on the grassy riverbank.
- Check–out 11am; check-in, 4pm.
Children Under-18s aren't allowed.
- Also Non-smoking throughout.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms For a sampling of the hotel spa in your own room, the over-sized Luxury Room in the Main House has a full free-standing spa-therapy bath tub set beside the pillow-piled canopy bed. There’s also a honeymooners’ hideaway (Room 12) which is secluded from the other rooms and guests and has its own patio area amid the grassy gardens. Better still, it’s directly under the spa so you can go straight from soul-soothing to slumber (or seduction). Luxury Rooms 7 and 9 in the South building both have river views and private balconies – ideal for summer breakfasts.
- Packing tips Bring a car – Milliken Creek is delightfully out of the way, so to make the most of navigating Napa you’ll need your own wheels.
- Also Milliken’s exclusive spa uses all-natural, all-organic products made in Hungary and Hawaii to deliver a range of signature treatments, including aromatherapy, hot-stone massage and the incomparable grapeseed body polish.
Food and drink at Milliken Creek Inn & Spa
- Hotel restaurant There’s no actual restaurant, but guests have a wicker basket of breakfast goodies and French-pressed Dean & Deluca coffee delivered each morning, anywhere in the grounds they wish. Every evening, during ‘magic hour’, local vintners visit Milliken Creek to offer tastings of their wares, coupled with a cornucopian quantity of local cheese.
- Dress code Cashmere and chinos.
- Top table Nothing beats breakfast on your own balcony, overlooking the meandering river.
- Room service Breakfast can be served wherever you like.
- Hotel bar The lobby-cum-lounge also serves as the hotel’s bar area, where drinks can be provided at all times and a selection of premium ports is produced in time for a nightcap each evening.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details