Mirador De Dalt Vila
- Style Colonial Ibicenco cool
- Setting Heritage hillside heights
Once a colonial family residence, Mirador De Dalt Vila hotel overlooks Ibiza Town from the peaceful perch of a Unesco-preserved hillside. A collection of unusual antiques lends character to this marble-lined retreat, where service is warm and welcoming.
Need to know
- Rooms 13, including six suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $375.97 (€273), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates include airport transfers. Breakfast is an additional €19 each.
- Facilities DVD library, free WiFi throughout, valet parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, iPod dock, minibar, whirlpool bath.
- Poolside The little pool at the back of El Mirador is ideal for a revitalising splash or catching the afternoon sun on one of the handful of day-beds that surround it.
- Check–out Noon, but may be flexible, subject to availability. Check-in, 2pm.
Children Children aged two to 12 are allowed in a Junior Suite, Suite or Grand Suite, for a supplement of €100 a night. Cots can be provided free in all rooms for under-twos.
- Hotel closed November to Easter.
- Also Smoking is allowed in the bar. There’s a two-night minimum stay in June and September; three nights in July and August.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Ask for a Double Superior or a suite on the second floor, as these have an enticing combination of high ceilings and great views over the island from their Juliet balconies – especially if you book a room to the back left of the building, where you can fling open the windows to a startling seascape. The four Junior Suites on the third floor are up in the eaves, with exposed beams and skylight ceilings. The Double and Single rooms are limited when it comes to feline-flinging space, however, so opt for a higher tier if you can.
- Packing tips Bring suitably chic garb for nights in Ibiza Town and binoculars for wistful gazing out to sea.
- Also The hotel has its own boat for charter, so spend a day at sea admiring the Ibiza coastline.
Food and drink at Mirador De Dalt Vila
- Hotel restaurant Es Mirador’s gifted chef Juan José Ribas has a creative take on Mediterranean cuisine, serving up an array of meat and fish dishes featuring melt-in-the-mouth suckling lamb, beef tenderloin and ocean-fresh lobster.
- Dress code Carefree beach chic.
- Top table Secure one of the four tables at the front of the hotel and dine in the balmy Ibiza breeze.
- Last orders Breakfast’s available until the leisurely hour of noon, lunch from 1pm–4pm, and dinner from 8.30pm until 11.30pm. The mixologist relinquishes his muddler at midnight.
- Room service There’s an ever-ready supply of cold dishes available 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar There’s a cosy art deco cocktail bar beside the restaurant, but you can dawdle with a drink anywhere in (or out of) the hotel.