Murano Resort Marrakech
- Style Trad meets rad Maroc
- Setting Lush desert oasis
Located in the city's palm-filled Palmeraie district, the Murano Resort Marrakech hotel is a Moorish-inspired palace with a pop-art aesthetic surrounded by lush gardens. With its interconnecting terraces, outdoor pool and daybeds shaded by bending palm-trees, this contemporary urban resort combines the chic style of France with the relaxed pace of Morocco.
Need to know
- Rooms 30 junior suites and suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $96.34 (€71), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
- More details Rates usually include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Three hectares of parkland. In-room high-spec tech includes Nespresso machines, flatscreen TVs, iPod dock, PCs and games consoles.
- Poolside There's almost a pool for every day of the week, with four outdoor pools, including a sexy red-tiled number that dazzles when it's lit by night.
- Check–out 12 noon.
Children An extra bed for children aged 12 and under can be added to your room for €75 a night.
- Hotel closed Never.
- Also Marrakech's atmospheric medina quarter is only 15 minutes away by car. Every Sunday, a garden-party style brunch is served up in the palm grove.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Every room is decadently decked out with spacious bathrooms (some black marble, some mosaic-tiled) and billowing silky curtains, but the generously sized Top Floor Suites also have romantic open fireplaces and large private terraces from which to admire the splendid desert and mountain views.
- Packing tips Don't forget your swimwear; a pashmina would be useful for cooler nights.
Food and drink at Murano Resort Marrakech
- Hotel restaurant The main restaurant is suitably stylish and is located in the resort's central villa. Every Saturday, there’s a barbecue by the pool, sound-tracked by the resident DJ; on Sundays, there’s a similarly musical poolside brunch.
- Hotel bar The chic little bar has garden views; there's also an outdoor bar that serves light meals and snacks, too.