- Style Leisure, luxury and linens
- Setting Cycladic volcano summit
Rising over the rugged heights of the southernmost tip of Oia, Santorini, Mystique hotel is a stylish sanctuary removed from the town’s camera flashing crowds. Relaxed luxury permeates the hotel’s cream-coloured cloistered quarters, where the only thing to distract you from the serenity of the sea is the jaw-plummeting cliff panorama.
Need to know
- Rooms 22 suites and two villas.
- Rates For exclusive rates, call 1 800 464 2040
- More details Rates include American champagne breakfast, airport transfers, wine and welcome platter on arrival, and entrance to Vedema Resort's fitness centre.
- Facilities Spa, valet and butler service, private dining, DVD/CD library, free WiFi throughout, air-conditioning, gym. In-room amenities: plasma TV, DVD/CD player, minibar, daily fruit platter, Ex Voto toiletries.
- Poolside The stylishly curvaceous infinity-edged pool overlooks the caldera sea. You can sup a smoothie or a cocktail from the Aura pool bar, admiring the oceanic panorama from the comfort of your calico sun lounger.
- Check–out 12 noon. Depending on availability, late check-out can be arranged but is subject to an additional charge.
Children Due to the precarious cliff-top spot, this hotel is not suited to small children; over-14s are welcome, though. An extra bed can be put in rooms (€120–€160).
- Hotel closed 31 October to 15 April.
- Also No pets. Smoking is only permitted outside.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All Mystique’s suites are spacious and airy with camera-pleasing private terraces overlooking the sea. Room 16’s generous terrace provides the most impressive view, while snug and slinky Room 7’s harmonious layout is a visual delight. If you’ve forgotten to freeze your gym membership, plump for a spa-inspired Spiritual Suite. These deluxe pamper-zones are kitted out with fitness equipment (Jacuzzi, exercise machines and spa bed), while the two villas offer a sense of seclusion that is perfect for honeymooners and seasoned romantics alike.
- Packing tips Heidi Klein swimwear and comfy shoes to negotiate Oia’s cobbled alleys. Keep something warm in reserve in case the evenings get gusty.
- Also The imaginative minibar is a favourite feature: champagne, Metaxa, digestifs, pink lemonade and more. The Asian Spa has two elegant treatment rooms, where guests can be pampered with a therapeutic massage, cleansing scrub or rejuvenating facial.
Food and drink at Mystique
- Hotel restaurant The linen-clad tables of the Charisma restaurant offer uninterrupted views of the sea and the refined Mediterranean menu nods particularly to Greek cuisine, focusing on luxuriant combinations of local ingredients.
- Dress code Blend in with the furniture in cool, crisp linen.
- Top table All tables have the essential caldera panorama. Nab one of the indoor spots when the wind picks up – the ultra-wide glass doors still allow for jaw-dropping views.
- Last orders The kitchen closes at 11.30pm but the barman keeps on refilling glasses until the last guest turns in.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar Make a beeline for Aura, the dinky pool bar, at sunset and order the speciality – a secret concoction known as the Mystique. Alternatively, meander down to Secret, the ancient atmospheric wine cave, to taste some intriguing local potions.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details