Oceana Santa Barbara
- Style Bold, bright and beautiful
- Setting Sun-kissed California coast
Bright, breezy and beachfront, Oceana Santa Barbara hotel is a laid-back, surf-chic getaway filled with colourful rooms, palm-shaded courtyards and two fantastic swimming pools. It’s a sun-drenched slice of seaside California cool, so don’t forget your sunglasses.
Need to know
- Rooms 122, including seven suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $119.00, excluding tax at 12 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of $2.00 per room per night on check-out and an additional service charge of $10.00 per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast, WiFi and bicycles, which are available for two-hour spins.
- Facilities Gardens, gym, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, minibar, CO Bigelow bath products.
- Poolside There are two heated outdoor pools surrounded by cabanas and sunloungers; one has ocean views, the other is set in the garden and has a ping-pong table nearby.
- Check–out 12pm, though late check-out can be arranged when available. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
Children Baby cots can be added to larger rooms at no extra cost. The hotel can arrange for babysitting with a local provider – just give notice.
- Also The hotel works with Alchemy Arts Center to offer in-room spa services, including massages, foot soaks and yoga.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Each room is bright and colourful, but opt for an Ocean View King or Partial Ocean View King to guarantee a perch on the best side of the hotel. They’re worth the splurge, since some of the more affordable room types overlook the carpark and have tiny ensuites.
- Packing tips Bring favourite beach games to play on the sandy strip across from the hotel; the hotel has umbrellas and beach towels available. Oceana only serves breakfast, so bring a few snacks to keep you sated during afternoons by the pool.
- Also The hotel is quite bike-friendly; it has secure storage, a bike-wash and maintenance area, trail maps and a slew of water bottles, chapstick and snacks available. Those who don’t bring their own bikes can borrow free beach cruisers for up to two hours.
Food and drink at Oceana Santa Barbara
- Hotel restaurant The Mediterranean-inspired Bistro serves Continental breakfast each day, with an omelette station on weekends. Lunch and dinner aren’t available at Oceana, so head out to State Street or East Canon Perdido Street for the best concentration of good restaurants.
- Dress code California casual: many guests arrive dressed in biking gear for an after-breakfast pedal.
- Top table Nab a spot by the windows for Pacific views, or head outside to breakfast on the honeysuckle-scented patio.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 7am until 10am Monday to Friday, and from 7am until 10.30am on weekends.
- Room service None.
- Hotel bar None, but each minibar has a small selection of beer and wine available to buy. Alternatively, bring your own bottles of wine to uncork on the patio.