Parrot Cay by Como
- Style Sun-sprinkled spa sanctuary
- Setting Private island’s mile-long beach
Private island spa retreat and hotel Parrot Cay by Como on Turks & Caicos provides the ultimate in carefree, relaxation and luxury to discerning jet-setters and A-listers. Set on a tiny atoll that was, up until recently, completely wild and uninhabited, this slice of paradise offers a full mile of unspoilt beach, an amazing spa, and cool, uncluttered, white-washed rooms, suites, and villas.
Need to know
- Rooms 70, including Parrot Cay Estates – six privately owned villas available to rent.
- Rates Double rooms from $650.00, excluding tax at 22 per cent.
- More details Rates include breakfast, yoga classes and non-motorised watersports.
- Facilities Spa, his ’n’ hers Jacuzzis, yoga pavilion, Pilates hut, gym, two tennis courts, pool, table tennis, WiFi-equipped library, CD/DVD selection. In rooms: TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, minibar, custom-made Vidivi bed linen, Como Shambhala toiletries.
- Poolside Surrounded by white-cushioned loungers, lush vegetation and shady daybed pavilions, Parrot Cay’s breath-nabbing infinity pool is a vast shimmering square overlooking the boats perched on the beachfront.
- Check–out Midday. Later check-out is possible, subject to availability and an additional fee.
Children Under-12s can stay free, and babysitting can be arranged for $10 per hour.
- Also Minimum three-night stay. Small dogs (25lb and under) are welcome. Non-smoking rooms available on request.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms The prospect of waking up with her head on Bruce Willis’ pillow has always appealed to Mrs Smith; Mr Smith would settle for Christie Brinkley’s – at Parrot Cay by Como, you can do both, by renting one of the celebrity-owned, butler-equipped Parrot Cay Estates. The hotel’s less stalkerish lodgings in the main resort are no less glamour-drenched: white-draped four-posters, Balinese-style furniture, private sun-decks, and a peace-inducing palette of cream, terracotta, powder blue and beech wood. The six one-bedroom Beach Houses have cooling plunge pools on their hardwood verandas.
- Packing tips Loose clothing for yoga and Pilates; tennis shoes for bashing about on the courts; super-sized sunglasses for surreptitious celeb-spotting.
- Also As well as indulging in the spa’s blend of Thai, Indonesian, Ayurvedic, and hot-stone massages and treatments, you can also book an ‘intuitive counsellor’ to give you semi-psychic guidance. The spa also serves a mean ginger tea.
Food and drink at Parrot Cay by Como
- Hotel restaurant The poolside Lotus Restaurant serves light dishes and Caribbean-inspired lunches during the day, turning into a Southeast Asian fusion eaterie by night. The octagonal Terrace Restaurant is more formal, with an Italian-leaning Mediterranean menu.
- Dress code Vacationing A-lister.
- Top table Poolside at the Lotus restaurant around sunset.
- Last orders Both restaurants stop serving at 9.30pm, but food can be served in your room until 10pm. The bars keep the cocktails shaking until the last guest leaves.
- Room service Snacks and meals can be served in rooms from 7am to 10.30pm.
- Hotel bar There are bars beside each of the restaurants. The signature Parrot Cay Lemon cocktail is a moreish mish-mash of lemon, lime, vodka and triple sec.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More details