- Style African fusion
- Setting Central seclusion
Hidden away in the heart of Johannesburg, the polished Peech Hotel is home to a peaceful garden and pool, an intimate cocktail bar and delightfully modern décor. Its cottage-like rooms boast African details and calm blue mosaic bathroom, and are just one of the many things that make the hotel a serene escape from the buzz of the city beyond its doors.
Need to know
- Rooms 16, including 2 suites.
- Rates Double rooms from $189.55 (ZAR1,974), excluding tax at 14 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional government tax of 1% per room per night on check-out.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Gardens. In rooms: air-con, WiFi, iPod docks, coffee and tea-making facilities. Suites have espresso machines and plasma-screen TVs. In-room massage on request. Guests can use the 24-hour gym next door for R110 a session. Secure parking.
- Poolside Small outdoor pool with sunloungers.
- Check–out 11am, but flexible.
Children Over-sixes welcome. No extra beds are available but the two suites in the main house, although not adjoining, share the same landing.
- Also Airport transfers can be arranged for R480. The hotel can organise all taxis and tours.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms Rooms on the first floor in the building away from the main house offer an extra degree of privacy.
Food and drink at Peech Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Modern French bistro menu, with fresh seasonal ingredients. Lunch until 2.30pm; dinner until 9.30pm.
- Dress code Relaxed style.
- Top table Outside on the patio on a warm evening.
- Last orders 9.30pm for dinner.
- Room service The restaurant menu is available until 9.30pm and a limited snack menu at other times.
- Hotel bar The intimate cocktail bar has the broadest range of Veuve Cliquot in the country and is open until the last guest leaves.