- Style Cosseting contemporary country retreat
- Setting Hillside perch in rolling vineyards
Deep in the Stags Leap District of Napa Valley, the Poetry Inn hotel is an exclusive and intimate boutique B&B that makes the most of its prime spot surrounded by Napa's famously beautiful countryside, with floor-to ceiling windows, ample balcony space and open-air showers. Of course, an establishment of this calibre in these environs has an amazing wine cellar, where guests can peruse and purchase bottles. This tranquil retreat is a monument to good taste and luxury, so treat yourself and a companion to an indulgent stay here.
Need to know
- Rooms Three.
- Rates Double rooms from $590.00, excluding tax at 14 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional room tax of 14% per on check-out.
- More details Rates include three-course breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi, mini-bars, wall-mounted flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, Italian bedlinen, L'Occitane toiletries, alfresco showers, wood-burning fireplace; full concierge service, spa treatments, wine cellar.
- Poolside The curvilinear heated outdoor pool is on a hillside terrace, with wooden sun loungers. Expansive views make up for short lengths.
- Check–out 11am (but flexible, depending on availability).
Children The inn is a contemplative sanctuary for adults, so under-16s are not encouraged.
- Hotel closed Never.
- Also Spa services are available in rooms or in the treatment room. The property is non-smoking throughout. Pets cannot be accommodated.
In the know
- Our favourite rooms All rooms are named after great writers – Walt Whitman, ee cummings and Robert Louis Stevenson. The bathrooms are particularly appealing, with rose limestone and marble finishes, and stunning views from the soaking tubs. The large, grand top-floor suite is pretty special, and commands the best views.
- Packing tips A strong constitution – you're guaranteed to over-indulge in the region's gourmet food and fine wines. A moleskine notebook for those flashes of literary genius.
- Also The Poetry Inn's butler serves as concierge, too, and can cater to even the most whimsical of tastes; he'll organise anything from a bouquet of flowers to a wine-tasting itinerary.
Food and drink at Poetry Inn
- Hotel restaurant There's no restaurant on site, but other guest meals can be prepared by prior arrangement.
- Dress code Relaxed and definitely casual.
- Room service There are mini-bars in each room.
- Hotel bar No bar, but the hotel does have an astonishing private wine cellar that guests can buy bottles from.